Hyperlobby Question

I just reformatted and reisntalled everything up to 1.11 and now when I try to join a game in Hyperlobby, it says it cannot find "lua5.dll" and that I should reinstall the program, which I really don't want to do. If anyone could help without making me reinstall everything all over again, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks all....

Stupid thermals...

never had this prob myself..but are u getting the error when loggin into HL or when 1.11 is launching?

p.s I'm sure i've seen this prob somewhere here..but can't think of the thread? sry but I'm sure someone here can help ya

Be Good..Be Strong..:drink: ;)

First check if you have lua5.dll in your LockOn directory.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Then for some reason your HL makes Lockon.exe think it's default directory is HL directory - that's my mad conclusion.

How to fix that - I dunno

Reinstall windows :P It always helps.

Nah, .. maybe reinstall HL? (remeber to get rid of all leftovers when you uninstall this HL, + registry entries)

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Do a Windows Explorer search under the Ubisoft Folder for lua*.dll.

There might be a spare copy in C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On\scripts\luasocket

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

I just reinstalled 1.1 on my pc, and i had to download FC from the lockon website, now it took hours at 30kbs, and as soon as i started to install, it didnt get past the unpackin phase and i got error code 3.

I am not the only one to have had this problem, so ED, check your bloody servers, sitting hours for a messed up download is something people who have just bought the game dont want to go threw. And also having a max of 30-40 kb on both mirrors is kinda on the lame side aswell.

Just aswell i had a dvd copy of it, it took me ages to find, but id rather hunt for that, than sit for hours and get a fluffed up download.

the dvd copy, installed perfect 1st time. whereas the download, even tho it looked uncorrupt, it was as it never got past unpacking. I have read numerous people have similar error codes and being told to download again. I think ED should check to see if there copy isnt corrupt, and also check the actual line as it was slow as shiat and maybe that was the culprit.

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

Rugg, if you mean me, its ok, i found the dvd copy i had, and it installed perfect.

I tried downloading from there servers again today,just to see if it was there fault or mine, and i got exactly the same error ?

So i think there copy is messed up or there connection is way bad and loseing mega packets, that would explain why the speed is low, as before i used to get 200+ kbytes from them, now i get 30-40 max.

The dvd copy saved the day :)

thanks for the offer anyway dude ;) much appreaciated.

If you mean mobius1, then my bad :P