Split sound possible?

I'm going to do a little homework here soon as I get a little while and see if I can figure out how to channel audio through a non-default source. Maybe I can catch radio calls and just re-broadcast it through headphones programically. If I end up making any traction on this I'll post it :)

Does anyone know if splitting my sound is possible? Radios in headphones and everything else on speakers.

I get TS chat on the headphones and everything else on speakers.." Is possible " <<< sim sounds..:thumbup:

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

It's technically possible, we would just have to figure out (since it can't be done natively) how to catch radio transmissions and then just replay them using a different output. I'm thinking maybe finding the call in ollydebug and catching it, then sending a copy of the transmission through direct sound into the headphones.

I don't have the time right now to attempt such a thing but it's definitely on my 'want to try this' list! :D

It's technically possible, we would just have to figure out (since it can't be done natively) how to catch radio transmissions and then just replay them using a different output. I'm thinking maybe finding the call in ollydebug and catching it, then sending a copy of the transmission through direct sound into the headphones.

I don't have the time right now to attempt such a thing but it's definitely on my 'want to try this' list! :D

Are you talking about seperating sim chatter and sim sounds..hmmmm could be possible but ..only if sim sounds and human chatter are on their own audio output channels..long work hours ahead to figure it out...:music_whistling:

Eg:

Sim sounds like jet engine and vehicles are on a seperae audio output channel;

Sim Pilot, ATC and other voice activated chat is on another audio output channel..

Edited by Double_D

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

Are you talking about seperating sim chatter and sim sounds..hmmmm could be possible but ..only if sim sounds and human chatter are on their own audio output channels..long work hours ahead to figure it out...:music_whistling:

Eg:

Sim sounds like jet engine and vehicles are on a seperae audio output channel;

Sim Pilot, ATC and other voice activated chat is on another audio output channel..

Kind of. I was thinking more like reverse engineering the game and watching for when the game calls for radio communication then either intercepting and blocking the call or just copy and play the files with an external exe that I can program to use the other output device (our headsets)