Blackshark License issue

There is NO Customer Support, (ticket number 20527)

Been trying to get an issue resolved for the last 2 weeks and only respose from ED was We can see that you managed to activate your BS. Do you still need our help or support?

Why asked if you are not going to follow up?

Issue is still there, But I am not... No more money from me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System:

Windows 10 (64 bit)

64 GB Memory

CPU i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz

GTX 2080 Ti Founders Edition

HTC VIVE

Oh wow, thanks guys. I never would of guessed that, unfortunately this problem is something that only they can fix. It is not a similar problem in the forum. Only way to really solve this without there help is to buy another copy of BS and I am not sure I want to do that.

Oh wow, thanks guys. I never would of guessed that, unfortunately this problem is something that only they can fix. It is not a similar problem in the forum. Only way to really solve this without there help is to buy another copy of BS and I am not sure I want to do that.

If you could describe the nature of your problem, i can try to help you. Have you run out of activations?

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

That's an evil dog you have there.

I don't know what the solution is in this case, but I'll bring it up for a look tomorrow.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

That's an evil dog you have there.

I don't know what the solution is in this case, but I'll bring it up for a look tomorrow.

Well it seems there is support. I appreciate the help and any resolve you guys may be able to give. Thanks again!!

He is a puppy so I do not really blame him, just myself for leaving it where he could reach it, Lol :helpsmilie:

There is NO Customer Support, (ticket number 20527)

Been trying to get an issue resolved for the last 2 weeks and only respose from ED was We can see that you managed to activate your BS. Do you still need our help or support?

Why asked if you are not going to follow up?

Issue is still there, But I am not... No more money from me.

It seems you bumped the ticket several times, which unfortunately contributes to delays.

Your problem looks like you installed the wrong version of the BS2 module. The "upgrade" and the "full" versions have separate serial numbers, so you need to ensure that you have installed the one that is correct for your license. You can find an uninstall tool here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=100639

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

If you could describe the nature of your problem, i can try to help you. Have you run out of activations?

Thanks for the response, and not really. I have a puppy who is chew happy. Well he decided it would be a cool thing to chew my DCS Blackshark box up, well in the process it chewed up 3/4 of the license serial # paper. So now I just installed new OS on my computer and wanted to reinstall BS on here but cannot do it without a S/N to activate it.

Well it seems there is support. I appreciate the help and any resolve you guys may be able to give. Thanks again!!

He is a puppy so I do not really blame him, just myself for leaving it where he could reach it, Lol :helpsmilie:

Puppies are puppies. I have cats myself, but they're pretty much the same. :P

When you reinstalled Windows, do you happen to have done this on a new hard drive? Because if the old hard drive still has an intact windows install, it is possible for you to retrieve the serial number yourself through windows regedit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I see Ethereal is already on it.

Well he decided it would be a cool thing to chew my DCS Blackshark box up, well in the process it chewed up 3/4 of the license serial # paper.

It's probably his way of telling you you should spend more time with him and less with your computer. :);)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

I see Ethereal is already on it.

It's probably his way of telling you you should spend more time with him and less with your computer. :);)

Lol, trust me, he gets plenty of my time. More than most dogs get from there owners. It is more the nature and gene pool of his breed. He is a Short Hair Pointer/Boxer mix and his goal daily is to get into everything Lol and he is only 6 months old so really not out of the puppy play stage just yet. Trust me!!!!!

There was another question about the HD and install of new OS. It is a complete new install, my old HD got corrupted some how or another so I actually had to buy a new HD and install everything fresh from the ground up.

As I told another gentlemen, here is a normal day at the office for him in the backyard

686_zps8e1f69aa.jpg

889_zps0fe4e608.jpg

imagejpeg_2_zps13b7a3e4.jpg

This is what the box looks like now

20130401_133822_zps0ac17264.jpg

It seems you bumped the ticket several times, which unfortunately contributes to delays.

Your problem looks like you installed the wrong version of the BS2 module. The "upgrade" and the "full" versions have separate serial numbers, so you need to ensure that you have installed the one that is correct for your license. You can find an uninstall tool here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=100639

Yes I have bumped it because of no reply....

As for the wrong version... no, I have the full BS1 and the Upgrade for BSII

the activation for BS1 had issues, that were resolved... now when I try to active BSII I get the error that the S/N is invalid... see error.jpg

error.thumb.jpg.751c1e268fb0b1d0f80a9f59dd4da92b.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System:

Windows 10 (64 bit)

64 GB Memory

HTC VIVE

Your version is incorrect; you appear to have installed the non-Upgrade version of Black Shark 2 installed. Note the activation window is for "Black Shark 2 ENG" and gives the error. Below is what it should look like when installed using the Upgrade version:

attachment.php?attachmentid=79486&stc=1&d=1365517278

You can find that module installer here: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/modules/dcs_black_shark_2_upgrade_english/?

Note the exact file name: KA-50bs1_en_1.2.3.10201_147.exe

To remove the erroneous module, you can use the corresponding installer batch file here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=100639

KA-50_update.png.d30b52975060f257d4585d1c5da2167c.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Just did a Complete re-install, Good thing is it now works...

Note the exact file name: KA-50bs1_en_1.2.3.10201_147.exe <------ This is the file I have been using... (Just downloaded it again to make sure)

This time I did the following:

Made a copy of the Save Games directory

Un-install DCS World,

Deleted the directory

Un-installed BS 1

Deleted the directory

Re-installed BS1

re-installed DCS world + Modules

copied my Save Games back...

Launched the DCS world...

Instant action for BS II it prompted me for the S/N entered the same one I have been using, and it works....

Launched MP it works….

What a Pain in A**

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System:

Windows 10 (64 bit)

64 GB Memory

HTC VIVE