Default View with TrackIR ??

Ride

Hey all,

I am trying to set my default view so that it is not so close to the HUD, I have tried playing with the snap views as explained here:

http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Snap_views

with TrackIR paused the default view I have created is fine but as soon as i un-pause trackir my view goes back to the default default view with the HUD in your face.

I have read through a bunch of posts but cant find an answer to this problem.

Any suggestions?? Thanks!!

Why using Snap views with TrackIR? Just turn your head. Oo

Edit:

If you want your view not so close to the HUD, bring your head near the camera and refresh TrackIR (standard F12) and then lean back again.

Edited by Tizid

Please excuse my bad english.

You must be doing something wrong, check the link you posted and retry following each step... also reset TrackIR after you create the snap view or it will just re-adjust your head position like it was before when you unpause it. The way i did it is i started the game without starting Freetrack and moved back with the keyboard. So maybe try that.

The instructions from the wiki worked perfectly for me but like i said i'm using Freetrack... i wanted like you do to move the default view backwards and i did so, but after a while i realised the default one was better and reverted :). Unfortunatelly if you move back you lose a lot of real estate on the hud, didn't work for me in the end.

Also... when you first create the new default view it appears to be working fine, but next and every time you load a mission you will get that zoom out that happens at the start of the mission... so to get the view you actually want when you're creating it zoom in more then you want, so that the silly zoom out at mission start will get you to the desired level. Takes a bit of trial and error.

Edited by Korn
extra explaining

It is the zoom part of the custom view im trying to set up that isnt working.

The default view is saving correctly (for example if I make the default looking out to the left it works fine) if i zoom the view out aswell and save this as the default it works fine untill I un-pause trackir. By un-pausing trackir the view remains looking out to the left but the zoom level is back to its original state.

I am using trackir as my zoom axis so I guess it is overiding it.

might just go back to the defaults, thanks for the help!!