How to simulate insertions/extractions?

Stratos

Now that Huey is out I will like to request that someone explain how we can simulate insertion and extraction missions. A step by step guide as I never tried triggers before.

Thanks a lot in advance!

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

You can try the following:

ONCE -> UNIT IN ZONE (the huey, your zone) AND ALTITUDE = GROUND AND SPEED = 0 -> trigger insertion/extraction.

However, the better solution would be using lua. With the Simulator Scripting Engine you can check wheather a unit is on the ground or not by using this function:

boolean function Unit.inAir(Unit self)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This part is easy. The dificult part is: How do you insert (activate) troops in the exact area you landed?

If you are able to use lua, you could add a group at the position of the helicopter. If you dont, you can only activate a group that is placed in the zone where the helicopter is meant to land.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Perfect, could you post the lua code plus simple explanation how to use it ?

Thx :thumbup:

Yes i can. Thats not a problem. However, as the group is added while the mission is running, you wont see the group in ME, and you arent able to give the group any waypoints or tasks without some more lua code.

The post for spawning is basically here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1738368&postcount=2

Ill have a look on the tasking part and post the code later.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Take a look at my "Patrol By Force" mission, which has a fully executed helo insertion and extraction, including a security perimeter around the Chinook while it remains at the LZ. If this is what you are after, check it out in the ME and/or post here and I'll explain the process in detail. I use ME triggers exclusively, not scripting.

Edited by Bahger

Hi,

I think that you are using fixed landing zone for the extraction. That's easy to do only in ME.

I want to deploy troops from UH1 to any (not fixed or predefined) position on the map. I think you need the lua script magic for it.

Thx

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

.....Vladimir, let's go to Sukhoi.......