Update has hosed my Activations for A10c and Ka-50 purchased on Steam

pii

Well had a small problem with the update so completely removed and reinstall from scratch (not update..way too slow).

So after that I reinstall all my modules downloaded from the ED web site.

However now it has no activation codes for BS 2 or a-10c. Both of these I bought on Steam and I bought the BS 2 upgrade from ED site (I have code for ka-50 on their site, a-10 just takes the one from the Steam install)

However when I enter the BS2 code from the site it tells me it is not correct and I have a invalid hardware code. The same for A-10c except I enter the code from Steam (this is how I activated it before) It also tells me invalid hardware code and sometimes just invalid code. WTF

The odd thing is even though A-10c is complaining about activation if I exit the activation window it starts and ,seems, to run normally. BS 2 though just goes to the game where all you can do is watch other planes fly around.

Anyone know how to fix?

Hopefully I don't have to use their 60 day response time support system!

I had same problem. If you log into DCS and I bind your serial numbers for BS2 that fixed it for me. Sorry for no link I think it's http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/myserials.php. Then start dcs world 1.2.4 and use mod manager to install bs2. Also make sure you select the upgrade international version from the drop down menu. There is another post here about it too.

I had same problem. If you log into DCS and I bind your serial numbers for BS2 that fixed it for me. Sorry for no link I think it's www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/myserials.php. Then start dcs world 1.2.4 and use mod manager to install bs2. Also make sure you select the upgrade international version from the drop down menu. There is another post here about it too.

Hey thanks for the response. When I go to that link (you got is right btw) all by codes only have "unbind" so do I unbind then rebind? Just want to make sure before doing it.

Thanks again

Never mind I found the "sticky" related to the problem. (who would have though to look there? LOL)

The Sticky instructions worked like a charm however it did eat an activation for both. :-(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...