Autonomous HOTAS Cougar Throttle?

Hi Guys, I couldn't find any good advice of how-to-do or ready-to-buy solution on how to use HOTAS Cougar throttle autonomously from the stick. I don't want to re-solder anything in the device itself, so I could use it also together with stick. I'm rather looking for an adapter (Throttle-to-USB) which would be physically compact enough, and could do the job.

I understand it will make the throttle not compatible with TARGET or FOXY software, but whatever, I would be happy if it could be recognized in Windows as separate joystick, and have all the axes and buttons.

P.S. Also, if somebody can do this kind of adapter for reasonable price, I am interested.

You wouldn't need to resolder but you'd need to buy bunch of a jumper cables and something like BU0836X (HID controller with enough input pins), read the diagram here http://cougar.flyfoxy.com/images/Terrapin/tqs_diag.jpg , rip out the existing circuit board, then it's wiring time! The connector shown is the 24pin connector inside the throttle.

It looks daunting but it's very doable.

• Like 1