Performance Comparison of Aircrafts

Can any kind soul tell me where to find performance comparison charts for the aircrafts modeled in Lock On? I would like to find charts such as the turn rate VS airspeed curve to better myself in guns only fights. Thanks in advance.

Nowi :)

Intel Xeon E5-1650 v2

ASUS Sabertooth X79

4 x 4GB Crucial Ballistix VLP PC3-12800

ASUS Cerberus GTX 1070 Ti 8 Gb

Seasonic Platinum 860W

Thrustmaster Cougar Uber II Nxt

CH Products PT/TQ/MFP

Slaw Pedals

TrackIR 5

Kula & Gazehound,

Thank you for your responses. I already have the links that you kind souls provided. I am looking for something like IL Compare that was developed for Forgotten Battles/Pacific Fighters.

Cheers and have a Happy New Year!

Nowi

Intel Xeon E5-1650 v2

ASUS Sabertooth X79

Seasonic Platinum 860W

CH Products PT/TQ/MFP

Slaw Pedals

TrackIR 5

Those two links are the most detail I've ever seen about turning in Lomac - exactly what is this IL Compare of which you speak?

You'll find that we're not quite so interested in turn rates and turn radii in Lomac as the Il2 community - we've also got a lot more ability to move in the vertical, much greater speed ranges, more complex combat systems to worry about . . . . . you just can't look at these aircraft as faster WW2 propfighters, it just doesn't work ;)

Know your corner speed and practice lots, by all means - but in Lomac you should be killing the enemy BVR. If you're not killing the enemy BVR, you should be killing them coming into the merge. If you're not killing them coming into the merge, then your priority will usually be getting into a position to fire a high PK heater shot - you don't have to hold it there for long, as long as you make it count.

We also have off-boresight capability for the Russian jets - this complicates matters even further.

Gunzo fights don't happen very often in combat scenarios - there's far less interest in them than you get in Il2. The information on turn rates and wing loadings Just Isn't There . . . . . you have to practice instead ;)

britgliderpilot,

Roger that.

However, after a hard day's work, it is very satisfying to gun down an opponent :P

As for IL Compare, it is a utility that compares performance of aircrafts modeled. It compares turn rate, climb performance and top speed, etc. Attached is a screenshot that compares the Bf-109G-2 against the Spitfire Mark VB.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/walternowi/ILCompare2.jpg

Cheers and have a Happy New Year!

Nowi

Those two links are the most detail I've ever seen about turning in Lomac - exactly what is this IL Compare of which you speak?

You'll find that we're not quite so interested in turn rates and turn radii in Lomac as the Il2 community - we've also got a lot more ability to move in the vertical, much greater speed ranges, more complex combat systems to worry about . . . . . you just can't look at these aircraft as faster WW2 propfighters, it just doesn't work ;)

Know your corner speed and practice lots, by all means - but in Lomac you should be killing the enemy BVR. If you're not killing the enemy BVR, you should be killing them coming into the merge. If you're not killing them coming into the merge, then your priority will usually be getting into a position to fire a high PK heater shot - you don't have to hold it there for long, as long as you make it count.

We also have off-boresight capability for the Russian jets - this complicates matters even further.

Gunzo fights don't happen very often in combat scenarios - there's far less interest in them than you get in Il2. The information on turn rates and wing loadings Just Isn't There . . . . . you have to practice instead ;)

Intel Xeon E5-1650 v2

ASUS Sabertooth X79

Seasonic Platinum 860W

CH Products PT/TQ/MFP

Slaw Pedals

TrackIR 5