Can't Run BS2 v1.1.1.1

martinistripes

I had the idea of installing BS2 v1.1.1.1 and using that until either A) DCS World becomes better optimised or B) I get a more powerful laptop.

I tried to install BS2 v1.1.1.1 upgrade which correctly told me BS wasn't found. So, I re-installed BS and activated it. I then installed BS2 upgrade without issue. The game launched as expected but when I entered instant action the game froze on the loading screen and didn't ask for my serial, as I expected. So, I then ran 'protect' and entered my BS2 serial manually. Tried again but the same thing happened. I thought this must be a conflict with DCS World. So, I then deactivated BS2 (in DCS World) and un-installed DCS World and tried again. Still, it didn't work. My last attempt involved deactivating BS2 v1.1.1.1, un-installing BS2 v1.1.1.1 and then re-installing. Again the same thing happens. I get freeze at loading splash screen. I notice sometimes when I ctrl-alt-del and attempt to force close, as soon as I click in the task manager window the splash screen pops back up. The only way to escape is system restart. Completely puzzled by this. Any suggestions on what might be happening? I also tried Windows 7 compatibility mode and Run as administrator.

Did I screw something up by having DCS World and BS2 installed simultaneously?

I've run v1.1.1.1 in the past without issue.

Original BS is running as normal.

On a side note, I noticed the Module Manager wouldn't let me log in today.

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM