Help me run smooth

RAW_NoizZ

I've read a few forums about installing on a second hard drive. My situation is that I've installed a 1 terabyte hard drive to house my games. Not that I've thought about it when I installed DCS World (or one of my mods) it said that I must have Flaming Cliffs 2 installed. I think my game is choppy because Flaming Cliffs 2 is on my first hard drive (along with lock On and Black Shark) My question is What would be the best way to get all of these files to the new drive ? Should I reinstall the games on the new drive first ? Or do I uninstall from the other drive first? Do I have to Uninstall everything DCS related and start over or can I leave 2 installs of Flaming Cliffs 2 and Blackshark on the computer and if so, will the files on the second hard drive find the new files or still be connected to the files on the other drive ? what is the best solution ?:joystick:

It may be helpful to know that I installed Flaming Cliffs and Black Shark about 2 years ago. I put the hard drive in earlier this year and I just bought the newer mods Friday. This is why they are on different hard drives. I would rather have this game run smooth on my Qosmio , rather tan install them on my Asus. I'm sure that the files being on separate hard drives is the issue. If getting the files on one hard drive does not help then I will install them on the newer Asus.

Edited by RAW_NoizZ
Moved

Re-install World and all Modules you own to your main drive that has windows loaded. When installing the Flaming Cliffs 3 module it requires the first lockon or FC2 to be installed but it only searches for this so having it installed on a secondary drive or main shouldn't be an issue as the files won't be installed to that directory but to Eagle Dynamics\DCS World.

And as for the performance issue (stuttering) it's because of the latest patch 1.2.6 and a memory/performance leak so wait for the next update.

RimOnBlue.png

F/A-18C - A-10C - FC3 - L-39C/ZA - Ka-50 - UH-1H - Mi-8MTV2 - F-86F - Spitfire - P-51D - P-47D - BF-109K - CA

Your hard drive should have nothing to do with how the game runs, only the loading speed is increased with faster hard drives. I have DCS installed on a separate SSD so it loads faster, but that's all it does. I don't know how to transfer the files however. I just re install and keep the custom mission files and save games when re installing DCS. If you want better frame rates, better processor and better graphics card is needed.

I'm not sure what you're asking about the hard drives, but you might want to know that I installed LOMAC on a seperate drive from all my other DCS installations. I have my C drive, which is a 120gb SSD, a D drive which is a 1TB hard drive (the drive LOMAC is installed on) and a E drive which is a 40GB SSD (where I installed DCS on, including every single module released to date).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you guys for the replies. While waiting I decided to uninstall games and mods from my C: drive because it is 80% full. This is why I wanted them installed on the new ( 1 TB) drive. As I thought, DCS world was not able to find the files that it was previously connected too so it is making me reinstall DCS World.

I will take the advise of waiting for the next patch before I panic about the performance. I will let you know if having everything on one drive helps the issue that I had.

DCS World just finished loading so I will go test configs and performance now.

Update: The file structure got all messed up so, I'll have to take your advice and put them on my main drive. (Didn't want to do that)

Edited by RAW_NoizZ
update

You can mirror the c drive onto the new larger one, then use the current c for storage.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down