Force fire button?

Mattressi

I was playing around with the Su-25 and I ended up getting a little bit shot up by ground forces. My nose was still on (thankfully - it has a nasty habit of just disappearing), but it had some holes in it and seemed to be missing some pieces. Anyway, I still had my reticle and my laser still turned on and off. I'd already fired off one guided missile and I thought I'd fire off the second. So, I turned on my laser and tried to slew the reticle (like normal) - but it wouldn't move. I figured I must have taken some damage to one of my targeting systems. So I tried firing it anyway (keeping the reticle over the target as steady as I could) and held the trigger down for ages. Nothing happened. I then tried my RBK bombs and, again, nothing happened. I tried my other two missiles and none worked. My gun still worked ok, so I used that up and RTBed.

Firstly, does anyone know what exactly went wrong? Some system in particular which got hit. Secondly, is it possible to still launch missiles and drop bombs in this state? Is there some kind of "fire even though there's no targeting" override button? I used up all my rockets at that point, so I'm not sure whether the problem was actually that my trigger no longer worked for all wing-mounted weapons, rather than just weapons which used the targeting system.

I'd really love to be able to just drop the bombs anyway and fire the missile as if they were rockets - that seems better than just jettisoning them before I land.

Not sure as to what has happened exactly preventing you to fire.

But i believe that Lalt W enables Launch Override

Enables you to fire any weapon whenever you press the trigger.

Regardless of whether your in launch parameters or not.

So next time, try using that one. Doubt guided missiles will still work though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

I thought about that, but forgot where I'd mapped it :doh:

However, I made sure that I had the launch light (the pink/red one on the right) when I tried to fire. I thought that the launch override just meant that this light would show up if it wasn't already showing up? I'm not sure though.

Even if I can't fire the missiles like that (since the targeting and slewing didn't seem to be working), I thought there'd be a way to just release the bombs.