Downloads don`t work

shek

Hi to all. ... I apologise if this the wrong place for this thread. ...I purchased online [from digsim.com] BlackShark 2 and Combined Arms downloads. I noted that these modules have to be downloaded into DCS World [which it states is a free download]. Despite that I have received an acknowledgement of payment, and despite that I have selected the appropriate codes, I cannot get the downloads to work. Everytime I select `download`I am presented with a module poster [or artwork if you like]. when I click that out I simply get the `download` button again which will then give me the poster again, and so on for ever and ever. Exactly the same results occur when I try to download the `free` DCS World. ....I`m not very `PC savvy`, and this is driving me up the wall. ...I`ve emailed Customer Support and have received no reply.

Has anyone else had this problem and can maybe offer me any advice ? ...I would be very grateful. ...Thankyou !!! :helpsmilie:

Your description is about downloading through the module manager, correct?

An alternative while this is being looked into is to download from the website: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/dcs_world/

You can download either normally through the browser, or via the supplied BitTorrent links. Then simply double-click the downloaded file and it will detect your DCS World install and get you going.

EDIT: Also, can you give me your ticket number? I can look at the support ticket.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

EthrealN, ...Thanks for your reply, much appreciated. ....No, I am not trying to download through the module manager. My understanding is that DCS World `IS` the module manager and should be downloaded first, then everything else must be downloaded into this. It is stated to be a `free` download, though I have been unable to download it. Every attempt fails in the manner I initially described. Just in curiosity I attempted to download my purchased modules without DCS World, using of course the correct purchased codes. These attempts also failed in exactly the same manner.

I am rather elderly and not exactly `computer savvy`, but yes I have tried downloading from the web site with just the same results.

The purchased modules which of course I have not been able to download are:- BlackShark 2 and Combined Arms. .....My ticket number is 25765.

I am grateful to you for your reply and your concern !

That sounds like a permission thing in the administers section of your Operating system.

In other words someone turn off download ability on the user name you are signing onto that computer with.

Sign onto that PC with the main users account. and you will be on your way. You will also want to click make this game available to all users when you go to install it. Have fun. Older guy he says.......Wow. can't get my Dad you use email. LOL

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

I have same problem, but only on my new computer, my laptop downloads fine. but on new computer I get a picture that pops up instead of download. would like to solve this, thanks, my new computer says that I am administrator, so I am stuck.

Can you copy and paste the download link you are using?

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.