In Game Arty Question

Hi All

I have a question which I hope some of you ME gurus may be able to answer.

If I place (for instance) an MLRS or any other of the arty systems and assign it to fire on a target at a given time, is that system able to fire again during the mission? I notice kit has reload times stated in the encyclopedia section.

If the arty fires on Target One, will it fire on Target Two once the reload time has passed?

Cheers

fighterwingbear.jpg

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

as erdem says, it will first fire on first target, then it will keep taking that out until its dead, then it should fire on the second target, you have to make sure the arty or mlrs is facing the target as they have some problems and wont fire if they are not angled right.

Also, sometimes it will not fire on the 2nd target , even if it has destroyed the first, as I have a mission where sometimes it takes out the first target and then moves onto the second, sometimes its takes out the first and continues to keep firing at the first target even tho it be dead.

the mission i have has mlrs and arty, mlrs is the one that doesnt like to behave in my opinion.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=400102&f=99610606&m=956103725&r=850106825

From this old thread, reload time for MLRS is about 15 mins. Other quite useful stuff in there too, max ranges, firing rates per min, etc. and important stuff about groups of arty firing at 1 target, multiple targets. Need to read the whole thread as Colt and I were figuring it out as we went along LOL.

As Erdem says, once target 1 destroyed it switches to target 2. Of course if target 1 is just a co-ordinate, it can never be destroyed and always fires at target 1.

Some stuff about arty part way down this old Mission Editor problems thread too, particularly about mlrs facing with reference to the target. That may prevent firing at a 2nd target if it is outside the allowable rotation angle.

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?p=142543#post142543

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

As a side note, ENSURE you have an AWACS in the mission on the side of the Arty battery or it won't fire "beyond visual range".

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1