Dell 2405FWP

Griff and I are EXTREMELY happy with our Dell 24 inchers. GREAT buy and with prices dropping, well worth the price for gaming and just general use. I use it for Allied Force, LOMAC (when I fly it), and EECH. They are all very beautiful on this monitor.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

i would have to say, even tho i dont own one, that dell monitors are probably the only monitors to be had at this time.

Ok there is other types of manufacturers, but I dont think I have seen 1 bad post regarding the big dell monitors, and I have seen thousands of good posts, so that basically speaks for itself.

I for one are gonna get one, but i have heard some humm or have a slight bzzzin noise, which maybe a fault or may just be some people with leet hearing.

I would recommend dell monitors over dell pc's anyday of the week

I'd get one myself but at the mo the pennies are a little hard to come buy

(gota stay off the beer ) I've even got an uncle who's worked for Dell for yrs and he's even offered to use his discount to get me one..but i still can't really afford it at this time..bit frustrating to say the least :)

Be Good..Be Strong..:drink: ;)

Mate if prices are dropping and your interested, go for it, don't waste anymore time! Ive had mine for half a year now, and it is flawless. Its perfect.

Ive run several games and still yet to see any signs of ghosting or anything of the sort. Games include, most flight sims, BF2, Fear, COD2 and many others. It doesn't get much harder for the screen than fast first person shooters. There are so many great things i really enjoy.

1. Several types of inputs in the back, with included picture in picture and picture beside picture, for seeing content for say DVI and component connection. This is great for long flights in FS9, where you can't be stuffed sitting there but don't want to crash. Just slap in the PS2 and play that, while watching your flight.

2. Massive resolution, and anything less can be kept to a 1:1 ratio (leaving black bars down the side), or fill, and a few others. Great for games that aren't native WS.

They are the main points for me, other than its size!

Get one and you will never regret it. The buzzing noise was in the first batch i believe, i think dell fixed them. Ive seen 3 of these monitors and none have had that problem.

Enjoy it.

cheers

• 3 weeks later...

I for one are gonna get one, but i have heard some humm or have a slight bzzzin noise, which maybe a fault or may just be some people with leet hearing.

Someone can this confirm? Are there noises during the operation of the Dell 2405FWP?

Kind Regards

Best Regards

Viper

sigpic3353_7.gif

System: Intel Core i7-4790, 3,6GHz, 16GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5,

TM HOTAS Warthog;(MSFFB2 for testing); TrackIR4 +Track Clip Pro; Windows 10 Pro.

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

they were with the early models, it has been fixed in the later production models.

check out the tech part of http://www.somethingawful.com

they have loads of dell monitor owners and a fair few of them complained that they made a buzzing noise, but it was supposdly with the first release models and was fixed in the newer ones.

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

;)

from what i have seen, there have been thousands of owners of them and only a few who complained of the buzzing noise, so that kinda speaks for itself in respect to the quality of the monitors, and also everyone of the people who posted said it was a magic monitor.