No headtracker.dll and Input.lua? FreeTrack w/ DCS 1.2.7

I've been trying to get Freetrack working with 1.2.7 but no luck. I was unable to find a headtracker.dll in the OpenBeta installation folder, so I copied my headtracker.dll from 1.2.6 (in which Freetrack worked) to 1.2.7.

This did not work.

In 1.2.6 you also had to change a line in Input.lua to properly locate the headtracker.dll, but in the OpenBeta this file is also not apparent. Copying this file from 1.2.6 did not work.

Anyone got it working with FreeTrack?

Roeney

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Roeney,

I take it you are talking about FaceTrackNoIR. I have it working with 1.2.7 but more by omission than by design. I forgot all about it and when first starting up DCS with 1.2.7 I started FaceTrackNoIR as I usually did with 1.2.6 and hey presto! it just worked. So my advice would be .... do nothing lol, or in your case delete headtracker.dll from 1.2.7, hope this helps.

breid

Hey breid,

I'm talking about FreeTrack v2.2, but FaceTrackNoIR uses the same protocol so it should be similar.

I had the same thing (forgot about having to change the dll) but without working headtracking.

I deleted all files and repaired 1.2.7.

Still nothing.

I also tried it with the standard SU-25T (since I first tried it with the Flaming Cliffs 3 module, so I figured the problem might be in the plane).

Anyway, thanks for your reply!

Roeney

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I got my FreeTrack working no problem, Just copied the files from 1.2.6 into same 1.2.7 folders. I also went into controllers and imported my freetrack profile form 1.2.6 in 1.2.7....not sure if that was needed or did anything, but did it.

I believe that the headtracker.dll got moved from a special "headtracker" folder to the dcs world/bin folder in a previous release.

Hi Roeney.

First, go to DCS Head Tracker DLL - Now Huey Gunner Compatible thread by Samtheeagle and download HeadTracker Binaries.zip file.

Install it under the DCS World/bin directory. Personally I don't use prefs files. At result, you must see a HeadTracker.dll under DCS World/bin/ directory, and another HeadTracker.dll under DCS World/bin/headtracker/ directory.

This is the same way how we use it in v1.2.6

It works in v1.2.7 as well.

See you.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Thanks!

Downloaded and installed the HeadTracker Binaries.

I think it was the headtracker.dll in the bin folder that did the trick.

I thought I did the same thing that I had done in 1.2.6, but I most likely did not..

Anyway, It works!

Thanks again,

Roeney

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Actually installing only one headtracker.dll in "/bin/headtracker/" folder was working with v1.2.5 and prev. versions.

Somehow DCS have started to require double dll files since v.1.2.6

So, I've been doing this method since v.1.2.6

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5

Hello!

I'm also trying to get freetrack working in my DCS World 1.2.6 with FC3.

I downloaded the HeadTracker Binaries.zip files and installed them correctly, but it doesn't works for me. I read above something about adding lines to the Input.lua file. What lines should I add and where?

Thank you very much.

Could you tell what you did "correctly"?

And no need edit any lua file if you install it correctly.

Hello Devrim! Thanks for answering :)

Well, I did as it follows from the instructions file, after the NOTE part:

The FreeTrack application wites a copy of its data to a shared memory location so that other applications can access it. This custom HeadTracker.dll implementation for the DCS A-10C game uses this IPC mechanism to access the FreeTrack data, and thus update the in game view.

To use this system you need to do the following:

Copy the HeadTracker.dll and HeadTracker.prefs files into the following location:

<DCS A-10C Root>\bin\headtracker

So to use my personal install as an example this expands to:

D:\Games\DCS\A-10C\bin\headtracker\HeadTracker.dll

D:\Games\DCS\A-10C\bin\headtracker\HeadTracker.prefs

The files in this zip are structured so you can just copy the bin folder into your DCS A-10C root folder.

The prefs file allows you to tailor the X. Y, Z translation bounds for your FreeTrack setup, as this will vary from user to user. You can determine what your bounds values should be by looking at the main FreeTrack GUI and noting the maximum translation values it reports while you move around. My default will probably suffice to start with.

That should be all that is required.

*********** NOTE ***********

It seems that DCS World 1.2.6 has broken the location of the HeadTracker.dll and prefs file! To get head tracking to work you should place the files directly into the bin folder. For example:

D:\Games\DCS World\bin\HeadTracker.dll

D:\Games\DCS World\bin\HeadTracker.prefs

I must say I'm using Freetrack 2.1 because the 2.2 version always gives me a an error.

My Asus laptop specs are:

Intel Ivy Bridge Core i7-3610, 2.3 GHz to 3.2 GHz, 6 MB L3 Cache Speed

Chipset: Intel HM76

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Display: 15-inch, 1920-1080pixels

Memory: 8 GB DDR3 SODIMM

Hard Drive: 750 GB SATA

Graphics Card: Intel GMA 4000 + Nvidia GT630M with 2GB of memory

Thank you for your help :)

...At result, you must see a HeadTracker.dll under DCS World/bin/ directory, and another HeadTracker.dll under DCS World/bin/headtracker/ directory...

You did this exactly? If yes, it may be the FreeTrack version you're currently using.

Yes, I did exactly that, although I do use the prefs files.

About the Freetrack version, it worked well with the Flaming Cliffs 2.0, although I was obliged to run the TrackIRFixer.exe, otherwise it wouldn't work either. I tried to use it with FC 3.0 and without it, but it still doesn't works, nevertheless.

Freetrack 2.2 always gives me an error message. I couldn't find a fix for that yet. Anyway the actual version runs well with other sims...

What is the error message? Maybe we can solve it.

Hello Devrim!

I installed the Freetrack 2.2 version and this is the error message:

Exception EAccessViolation in module Freetrack.exe at 00019779.

Access violation at address 00019779 in module 'Freetrack.exe'.

Read of address 40239CA6.

I tried to find a solution already in Freetrack forum but no luck.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Redbat, those access violation issues, in my personal experience, are usually caused by two main things.

First, if you have buttons on your joystick set to control freetrack, and then you unplug that USB device and then try to open freetrack, it will give you an access violation and won't open. Solution is to plug that USB device (usually the joystick) back in.

Second most common cause is scaling. Right click on desktop, click to change resolution, and click on the option to "make text and other items bigger or smaller", and play around with the scaling options to see which ones FreeTrack likes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nvidia GTX Titan Pascal - i7 6700K - 960 Pro 512GB NVMe SSD - 32GB DDR4 Corsair - Corsair PSU - Saitek x52 Pro - Custom FreeTrack IR Setup - iControl for DCS