Unable to Change Interface

sc275

I am unable to change the interface IP number in the multiplayer screen. I use a virtual private network program named "LogMeInHamachi" and I have previously used the IP address give to me by that program to host and play DCS sessions. I use 1.2.6 as well as 1.2.7. I have found the problem appears in both.

I have forwarded both ports 10308 as well as 10309. A ED team member suggested changing the interface field within the "network.cfg" to an asterisk. The post can be found here (http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1809621&postcount=11). I opened my network.cfg and an interface field isn't there. As such I can't try the solution shown in that particular post.

I'm at a loss for what to do at this time. I have previously played 1.2.6 using a VPN and I have been able to successfully setup a server using that particular IP address. I'm perplexed as to why that option is not no longer available. I have enclosed a dxdiag

No luck.. Removing the parentheses changing "*" to just * doesn't work. It actually appears after I do that and start up the game the game generates a new network.cfg and rewrites my altered one. When I came back from the multiplayer the network.cfg file didn't even have a interface line anymore.

To be clear once again I'm trying to get the interface field to have the little down arrow and I'm able to change the IP address into one that my VPN provides me. Despite everything I've done I'm unable to change the IP address in the multiplayer screen

I also find when adding an interface line the game overwrites my altered network.cfg and replaces it with a default network.cfg with no interface line. Maybe I'm adding in the line wrong? Here's my network.cfg file. The added line is at the very end.