No Logbook

baz

Since update have not been able to view my logbook.

When logbook is clicked shows loading & that's all as it appears to freeze the game & eventually have to hard start the game to get out of it., any one have any ideas of possible cause.

Thanks

try the repair function first........windows start menu/all programs/Eagle Dynamics/DCS world/Repair DCS World.exe

if you cant find it...just do a windows search for the Repair exe...

Thanks for the suggestion Davis0079, have tried that & unfortunately the logbook was still a problem.

Baz;

Before the update had you added any mods concerning the log book, like extra squadrons etc? (if so and you have not added them back to the game this can cause an error reading the log)

If not, your only option is to make a backup copy of your logbook, then delete the logbook. DCS will create a new one when you restart the game.

What system?...Not quite sure, I think its a 64bit system cause the keyboard says 'Commodore64'.

Baz;

Before the update had you added any mods concerning the log book, like extra squadrons etc? (if so and you have not added them back to the game this can cause an error reading the log)

If not, your only option is to make a backup copy of your logbook, then delete the logbook. DCS will create a new one when you restart the game.

A229th Reaper,

Thanks for the delete logbook suggestion, that fixed the problem, I now have my logbook back, can that now be substituted by my

copy logbook, otherwise I start from scratch again.

baz, sorry for late reply (I've been away instructing)

to answer your question...it would depend on weather or not you had added any mods that change the logbook. (ie.. additional squadrons icons). But you can always try it, nothing to lose.

as a side note... I really don't pay attention to the log book...and that is because you can edit it and change the info to how ever you like. (ie.. have it show that you have 10000 hrs flying time, or a higher rank or even medals)

What system?...Not quite sure, I think its a 64bit system cause the keyboard says 'Commodore64'.

baz, sorry for late reply (I've been away instructing)

to answer your question...it would depend on weather or not you had added any mods that change the logbook. (ie.. additional squadrons icons). But you can always try it, nothing to lose.

as a side note... I really don't pay attention to the log book...and that is because you can edit it and change the info to how ever you like. (ie.. have it show that you have 10000 hrs flying time, or a higher rank or even medals)

A229th Reaper,

No probs, thanks for getting back to me, like you I don't pay much attention to the log book, just like to know it's there if I want to check it out.

Didn't know about editing the log book, not knowing how to do that, mine will just show all my faults.