controller settings for non modelled airframes

If any aspect of this post discusses things which arent totally Kosher, please let me know via PM, aspects have already been discussed elsewhere in quite an oblique manner...

So in post http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=88053 it was asked about multiple controller configs and we can see that we get a tab for each.

My question is with regards to so called "non-playable" airframes which have now become open season.

How do I assign controls for a non modelled airframe such as the F-16? I noticed i can get in, and it is flyable albeit with the Su-25t cockpit but I have no controllers working and the only buttons that work are things like escape and scoreboard and so on.

Forgive my question goes slightly outside of the current supported design, I have to test my FPS when doing 800kts at 50ft....personal reasons, you understand!!!!:pilotfly:

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I had some very interesting things happen but nothing related to this. I never managed to get control of the aircraft. But was able to get it to show in the Quick Mission generator. Made a mission for the fighter I picked. Just couldn't fly it.

I managed to break my install as well. Re installing and will try some more this weekend. I'm sure ED has something big planed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I managed to get it working. Sorta. I'm having major joystick issues. However the key assignments and axes are working. Here's a very quick and dirty how to do it.

Download this mod ---->>>http://www.lockonfiles.com/index.php/files/file/1548-efa-mod-2.0b-basic/

Inside this mod, go to Config\Input\Aircrafts

Select the aircraft you want to fly and copy the files.

\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\Input\Aircrafts <<-- Paste File here. And

C:\Users\<your user here\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input <<<--- Paste the file in here. It will show up in your options screen now.

This is how I got extra aircraft to configure controls Under Windows 7, 64bit. I do not know if it will be different for other operating systems.

I'm working out the joystick issues and ill post back later. I need to sleep tonight. Good Luck

I would like to thank the eFA mod team for there work. It was my inspiration.

Edited by Krebs20
Ninja Edit Missed a step.
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Krebs, thanks for that (+1) I can't try until tonight but I think I'm going to be pulling this apart a bit more. There seems to be quite an unfettered ability to mod now for the layperson.

If no one beats me and we get this reliably going I might do a quick "how to fly any plane" doc, although i feel that lockonfiles is home to some very clever people already doing this.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I fixed my axis problems, it seems there's two left thrust, two right thrust, two pitch, two roll, ect ect in the controllers screen. If you select the wrong one the aircraft isn't controllable. The other works just fine.

Air to ground works well on most planes I tested. Air to air is limited as I have not been able to get radar going. Need someone to donate me a pit to test with that's not the Su25t.

And I hit 85000 feet in a mig 25 before the game crashed.

Edited by Krebs20

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Poking around in the files seems like it wouldn't be too hard to update their original mod for world....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

It should be possible. It just needs a lot of tweaking.

The file structure has changed some. For the better from what I can tell. Also some of the LUA files need to be updated. Dsc world files don't use some of the LUAs that mattered before.

My 1st try was simply installing the mod into dcs world and forcing it to work that way. It broke my install as my last post said. When I became more selective, it worked just fine. Just need to expand on what works and rewrite what doesn't.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]