Jester AI countermeasures

Lithion

Since the AI in DCS is near all-knowingregarding missile launches, an (imo) interesting question popped up for me.

Will the Jester AI have authority over countermeasures? Say, when you let it take over the pilot seat? (not sure where countermeasure controls are for F-14)

Follow-up question: AI planes call out spikes, launches etc for eachother, will Jester AI have this as well? I can think of a couple of pros and cons myself, but would really like to hear a dev on this.

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16

Countermeasure controls are in both cockpits IIRC. The programmers are in the RIO cockpit- where you can select dispersal and launch presets and counts.

Yes, Jester will call out launches that he/she sees. We will have a realistic vision system, so it will not in any way be overpowered.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

While the current AI is a little OP in countermeasure reaction time, as he seems to spend 100% of the time in visual contact with you and reacts instantly to any IR launch - in the F-14 it is not difficult to imagine that if you were merged then the RIO would be padlocked to the enemy 100% of the time - so super fast countermeasure reactions to IR in particular.

I would imagine slower reactions to longer range launches, as he is operating the systems in the back.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks! This answer was everything I hoped it would be :)

Edit: mods may close this thread.

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16

Countermeasure controls are in both cockpits IIRC. The programmers are in the RIO cockpit- where you can select dispersal and launch presets and counts.

Yes, Jester will call out launches that he/she sees. We will have a realistic vision system, so it will not in any way be overpowered.

I recall this being similar to the RIO in "Over G Fighters" where launches within certain conditions would prompt the RIO to call out threats.."Sam! right 2 low!"