Ark.lua

Hello,

I know I am late to the party but I am getting back into BS2. I've done searches, but most info I find is old, so if my questions are redundant, I apologize.

If one edits the ark.lua file, it changes the placard on the right side armor plate in the cockpit(?). The one that lists the ADF channels.

The change would be global, no? Is there a way to do this for a mission only? For example, a cross-country flight from Majkop to Sochi.

Just trying to learn again. Thanks for any help and advice.

Edited by JG14_Smil

Hello,

I know I am late to the party but I am getting back into BS2. I've done searches, but most info I find is old, so if my questions are redundant, I apologize.

If one edits the ark.lua file, it changes the placard on the right side armor plate in the cockpit(?). The one that lists the ADF channels.

The change would be global, no? Is there a way to do this for a mission only? For example, a cross-country flight from Majkop to Sochi.

Just trying to learn again. Thanks for any help and advice.

JG14_Smil,

I've found some times ago the correct scripts for Sochi, Kutaisi and Gudauta

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1522757&postcount=23

and Chizh found the correct script for Gelendzhik

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1460017&postcount=10

other airports so as in default ARK.lua.

antonio.

• Like 1

mode = ADF_ADF

receiver_mode = ADF_RECEIVER_TLF

homer_selection_method = ADF_HOMER_SELECTION_AUTO

channel = 1

volume = 0.1

channels = {

[1] = runway_homer_pair(Airdrome[Krasnodar],nil,localizedAirdromeName(terrainAirdromes[Krasnodar])),

[2] = runway_homer_pair(Airdrome[Maykop] ,nil,localizedAirdromeName(terrainAirdromes[Maykop])),

[3] = runway_homer_pair(Airdrome[Krymsk] ,nil,localizedAirdromeName(terrainAirdromes[Krasnodar])),

[4] = runway_homer_pair(Airdrome[Anapa] ,nil,localizedAirdromeName(terrainAirdromes[Anapa])),

[5] = runway_homer_pair(Airdrome[Mozdok] ,nil,localizedAirdromeName(terrainAirdromes[Mozdok])),

[6] = runway_homer_pair(Airdrome[Nalchick] ,nil,localizedAirdromeName(terrainAirdromes[Nalchick])),

[7] = runway_homer_pair(Airdrome[MinVody] ,nil,localizedAirdromeName(terrainAirdromes[MinVody])),

[8] = {

[ADF_HOMER_FAR] = NDB(beacons["Кисловодск"]),

[ADF_HOMER_NEAR] = NDB(beacons["Передовая"])

}

}

---------------------

Above is contents of ark.lua file. Here is what I have learned so far,

The red names will edit the "NDB" column of the placard on the right side armor plate in the cockpit. The blue names will edit the "CLSGN" column of the placard.

If I enter "Sochi" in red in slot 6, the placard will say "Sochi_ Adler" in the NDB column, so "Sochi" and "Sochi_Adler" have both been defined for use.

If I enter "Sochi" in blue, all of slot 6 goes blank.

If I enter "Sochi_Adler" in blue, the entire placard goes blank.

I can edit the other names to go in any slots and use the callsigns. I think I need to find the defined name for Sochi callsign data.

all I have for now. this is a WIP.

I don't understood what You want, maybe this can help. Some times ago I've writen these scripts, I'm flying with them, and ARK works very well.

Use these for Anapa-Sochi area:

channels = {

[1] = runway_homer_pair(Airdrome[Anapa],nil,localizedAirdromeName(terrainAirdromes[Anapa])),

[2] = runway_homer_pair(Airdrome[Krymsk],nil,localizedAirdromeName(terrainAirdromes[Krymsk])),

[3] = {

[ADF_HOMER_FAR] = airdrome_homer(Airdrome[Gelendzhik],1, localizedAirdromeName(terrainAirdromes[Gelendzhik])),

[ADF_HOMER_NEAR] = nil},

[4] = runway_homer_pair(Airdrome[Krasnodar],nil,localizedAirdromeName(terrainAirdromes[Krasnodar])),

[5] = runway_homer_pair(Airdrome[Krasnodar_P],nil,localizedAirdromeName(terrainAirdromes[Krasnodar_P])),

[6] = {

[ADF_HOMER_FAR] = NDB(beacons["Смоленская"]),

[ADF_HOMER_NEAR] = nil},

[7] = runway_homer_pair(Airdrome[Maykop],nil,localizedAirdromeName(terrainAirdromes[Maykop])),

[8] = {

[ADF_HOMER_FAR] = runway_homer(Airdrome[sochi],nil, BEACON_TYPE_AIRPORT_HOMER_WITH_MARKER,localizedAirdromeName(terrainAirdromes[sochi])),

[ADF_HOMER_NEAR] = nil},

}

Use these for Gudauta-Batumi area

channels = {

[1] = {

[ADF_HOMER_FAR] = runway_homer(Airdrome[Gudauta],nil, BEACON_TYPE_AIRPORT_HOMER_WITH_MARKER,localizedAirdromeName(terrainAirdromes[Gudauta])),

[ADF_HOMER_NEAR] = nil},

[2] = runway_homer_pair(Airdrome[sukhumi],nil,localizedAirdromeName(terrainAirdromes[sukhumi])),

[3] = {

[ADF_HOMER_FAR] = NDB(beacons["Гали"]),

[ADF_HOMER_NEAR] = nil},

[4] = runway_homer_pair(Airdrome[Tskhakaya],nil,localizedAirdromeName(terrainAirdromes[Tskhakaya])),

[5] = {

[ADF_HOMER_FAR] = runway_homer(Airdrome[Kutaisi],nil, BEACON_TYPE_ILS_FAR_HOMER,localizedAirdromeName(terrainAirdromes[Kutaisi])),

[ADF_HOMER_NEAR] = nil},

[6] = {

[ADF_HOMER_FAR] = NDB(beacons["Кутаиси"]),

[ADF_HOMER_NEAR] = nil},

[7] = runway_homer_pair(Airdrome[Kobuleti],nil,localizedAirdromeName(terrainAirdromes[Kobuleti])),

[8] = {

[ADF_HOMER_FAR] = airdrome_homer(Airdrome[batumi],1, localizedAirdromeName(terrainAirdromes[batumi])),

[ADF_HOMER_NEAR] = nil},

}

Use these for MinVody-Lochini area:

channels = {

[1] = runway_homer_pair(Airdrome[MinVody],nil,localizedAirdromeName(terrainAirdromes[MinVody])),

[2] = runway_homer_pair(Airdrome[Nalchick],nil,localizedAirdromeName(terrainAirdromes[Nalchick])),

[3] = runway_homer_pair(Airdrome[Mozdok],nil,localizedAirdromeName(terrainAirdromes[Mozdok])),

[4] = runway_homer_pair(Airdrome[beslan],nil,localizedAirdromeName(terrainAirdromes[beslan])),

[5] = {

[ADF_HOMER_FAR] = NDB(beacons["Мухрани"]),

[ADF_HOMER_NEAR] = nil},

[6] = {

[ADF_HOMER_FAR] = NDB(beacons["Гори"]),

[ADF_HOMER_NEAR] = nil},

[7] = {

[ADF_HOMER_FAR] = NDB(beacons["Али"]),

[ADF_HOMER_NEAR] = nil},

[8] = runway_homer_pair(Airdrome[Lochini],nil,localizedAirdromeName(terrainAirdromes[Lochini])),

}

So, You can use ARK for all airports having NDB / Locators stations.

Edit: These ARK.lua scripts work with DCS WORLD.

antonio.

Anapa - Sochi.zip

Gudauta - Batumi.zip

Min Vody - Lochini.zip

Edited by joker62

Thanks to all for the help. The outer beacons work as they should. Can anything be done for the Inner beacons?

I am manually copying the ark.lua file over as needed when I create a mission. Can this file be included in the mission?

Would all computers need the same ark.lua file loaded while in WP?

thanks again.

The outer beacons work as they should. Can anything be done for the Inner beacons?

Simply use the NDB's INNER-AUTO-OUTER switch in Landing lights and voice warning panel (see pag. 131 ENG manual).

I am manually copying the ark.lua file over as needed when I create a mission. Can this file be included in the mission?

YES!

1. When your mission is ready, exit from DCSW.

2. Where You wish, create these folders: \Scripts\Aircrafts\ka-50\Cockpit\ARK and put your ARK.lua into this ARK folder.

3. Using 7-Zip (or another .zip software) add the above folders at "yourmission".miz.

That's all!!!

So, You can forget to modify ARK.lua file stored in :\"DCS World"\Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\Scripts\ARK folder.

I've collected all ARK scripts for airports in the attached file (ARK scripts for all airports.txt)

For NDB station, the script is

[x] = {

[ADF_HOMER_FAR] = NDB(beacons["stationname"]),

[ADF_HOMER_NEAR] = nil},

You can find stationname in :\"DCS World"\Bazar\Terrain\Beacons.lua file.

And remember, in ARK.lua file, max 8 slots.

antonio.

ARK scripts for all airports.txt

thanks again for everything joker! You are right, the inner and outer beacon worked for me perfectly at Krasnodar Center.

I have:

created folders in folders for "Scripts\Aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\ARK" and placed the needed ark.lua file into 'ARK'.

I have a mission called Anapa XC1.miz.

I have WinRaR and I can make a zip file with it.

I was unable to make a working miz file so far though. Am I missing something? Add the folders to my miz file?

Edited by JG14_Smil

I have a mission called Anapa XC1.miz.

I have WinRaR and I can make a zip file with it.

I was unable to make a working miz file so far though. Am I missing something? Add the folders to my miz file?

I've 7zip, but I think it's same for winrar.

1. put folder "scripts" (containing sub folders and ARK.lua, of course) in :\Documents and Settings\username\Saved Games\DCS\Missions, so to use it again for other missions.

2. launch 7zip and locate the above \Missions folder.

3. right click on "Scripts" folder, then select Add to archive, and select as destination "yourmission.miz", then OK.

That's all!!!

antonio.

Thanks again! I am one step closer...

I can get the folders into the miz file with your last instructions. The miz file goes from 4kb to 6kb, so I see they are being added, but I do not see any change on my card that lists the ADF channels on the right side wall.

I am in DCSBS World. Is the folder structure correct for that?

I am in DCSBS World. Is the folder structure correct for that?

Yes.

The miz file goes from 4kb to 6kb, so I see they are being added, but I do not see any change on my card that lists the ADF channels on the right side wall.

Please, can You send me via Private Message this updated mission? As soon as I can, I'll check and send it back to You.

antonio.

• Like 1

Thanks joker, I'll create a quick one from scratch and let you try it out.

I did not see a way to attach a file to a PM, so I'll post it here. It is just a Ka-50 sitting at Anapa, with the folders added to the archive.

Edited by JG14_Smil

Don't know what's wrong with ED's ARK.lua original file.

Original ARK.lua file works good, but contains only some airports. The problem was find syntax for minor airports.

I found its syntax in Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\Scripts\Devices_Spec\ARK.lua file.

Now we have everything we need.

antonio

Thanks joker, I'll create a quick one from scratch and let you try it out.

I did not see a way to attach a file to a PM, so I'll post it here. It is just a Ka-50 sitting at Anapa, with the folders added to the archive.

Excuse me, but You've written incorrectly a subfolder:

"Scripts\Aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\ARK"

You should write in this way:

"Scripts\Aircrafts\ka-50\Cockpit\ARK".

I've already updated your mission. Test it, please, and let me know.

antonio.

Anapa.miz

Original ARK.lua file works good, but contains only some airports. The problem was find syntax for minor airports.

I found its syntax in Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\Scripts\Devices_Spec\ARK.lua file.

Now we have everything we need.

antonio

Does this help?

Anapa

runway_homer_pair(Airdrome[Anapa], nil, localizedAirdromeName(terrainAirdromes[Anapa]))

Batumi "{

[ADF_HOMER_NEAR] = airdrome_homer(Airdrome[batumi], Airdrome[batumi][""airdrome""][1], localizedAirdromeName(terrainAirdromes[batumi]))

}"

Belbek

runway_homer_pair(Airdrome[belbek], nil, "Belbek")

Beslan

runway_homer_pair(Airdrome[beslan], nil, localizedAirdromeName(terrainAirdromes[beslan]))

Dzhankoy

runway_homer_pair(Airdrome[Dzhankoy], nil, "Dzhankoy")

Gelendzhik

"{

[ADF_HOMER_NEAR] = airdrome_homer(Airdrome[Gelendzhik], Airdrome[Kutaisi][""airdrome""][1], localizedAirdromeName(terrainAirdromes[Gelendzhik]))

}"

Gudauta

"{

[ADF_HOMER_NEAR] = runway_homer(Airdrome[Gudauta], nil, BEACON_TYPE_AIRPORT_HOMER_WITH_MARKER, localizedAirdromeName(terrainAirdromes[Gudauta]))

}"

Gvardeyskoe

runway_homer_pair(Airdrome[Gvardeyskoe], nil, "Gvardeyskoe")

Kerch

runway_homer_pair(Airdrome[Kerch], nil, "Kerch")

Khersones

"{

[ADF_HOMER_NEAR] = airdrome_homer(Airdrome[Khersones], Airdrome[Khersones][""airdrome""][1], ""Khersones"")

}"

Kirovskoe

"{

[ADF_HOMER_FAR] = runway_homer(Airdrome[Kirovskoe], nil, BEACON_TYPE_ILS_FAR_HOMER, ""Kirovskoe""),

[ADF_HOMER_NEAR] = runway_homer(Airdrome[Kirovskoe], nil, BEACON_TYPE_RSBN, ""Kirovskoe"")

}"

Kobuleti

runway_homer_pair(Airdrome[Kobuleti], nil, localizedAirdromeName(terrainAirdromes[Kobuleti]))

Krasnodar

runway_homer_pair(Airdrome[Krasnodar], nil, localizedAirdromeName(terrainAirdromes[Krasnodar]))

Krasnodar_P

runway_homer_pair(Airdrome[Krasnodar_P], nil, localizedAirdromeName(terrainAirdromes[Krasnodar_P]))

Krasnogvardeyskoye

runway_homer_pair(Airdrome[Krasnogvardeyskoye], nil, "Krasnogvardeyskoye")

Krymsk

runway_homer_pair(Airdrome[Krymsk], nil, localizedAirdromeName(terrainAirdromes[Krymsk]))

Kutaisi

"{

[ADF_HOMER_FAR] = runway_homer(Airdrome[Kutaisi], nil, BEACON_TYPE_ILS_FAR_HOMER, localizedAirdromeName(terrainAirdromes[Kutaisi])),

[ADF_HOMER_NEAR] = airdrome_homer(Airdrome[Kutaisi], Airdrome[Kutaisi][""airdrome""][1], localizedAirdromeName(terrainAirdromes[Kutaisi]))

}"

Lochini

runway_homer_pair(Airdrome[Lochini], nil, localizedAirdromeName(terrainAirdromes[Lochini]))

Maykop

runway_homer_pair(Airdrome[Maykop], nil, localizedAirdromeName(terrainAirdromes[Maykop]))

MinVody

runway_homer_pair(Airdrome[MinVody], nil, localizedAirdromeName(terrainAirdromes[MinVody]))

Mozdok

runway_homer_pair(Airdrome[Mozdok], nil, localizedAirdromeName(terrainAirdromes[Mozdok]))

Nalchick

runway_homer_pair(Airdrome[Nalchick], nil, localizedAirdromeName(terrainAirdromes[Nalchick]))

Novorossiysk

nil --[[no beacons--]]

Octyabrskoe

runway_homer_pair(Airdrome[Octyabrskoe], nil, "Octyabrskoe")

Razdolnoe

runway_homer_pair(Airdrome[Razdolnoe], nil, "Razdolnoe")

Saki

runway_homer_pair(Airdrome[saki], nil, "Saki")

Simpheropol 01L/19R

runway_homer_pair(Airdrome[simpheropol], "01L/19R", "Simph 01L/19R")

Simpheropol 01R/19L

runway_homer_pair(Airdrome[simpheropol], "01R/19L", "Simph 01R/19L")

Sochi

"{

[ADF_HOMER_NEAR] = runway_homer(Airdrome[sochi], nil, BEACON_TYPE_AIRPORT_HOMER_WITH_MARKER, localizedAirdromeName(terrainAirdromes[sochi]))

}"

Sukhumi

runway_homer_pair(Airdrome[sukhumi], nil, localizedAirdromeName(terrainAirdromes[sukhumi]))

TbilisiMilitary

nil --[[no beacons--]]

Tskhakaya

runway_homer_pair(Airdrome[Tskhakaya], nil, localizedAirdromeName(terrainAirdromes[Tskhakaya]))

Vaziani

"{

[ADF_HOMER_NEAR] = airdrome_homer(Airdrome[Vaziani], Airdrome[Vaziani][""airdrome""][1], localizedAirdromeName(terrainAirdromes[Vaziani]))

}"

Edited by Puddlemonkey

Hopefully, I can get another lesson :)

I have attached a picture of a NDB from the ME map. Is it possible to make it work at all? I am guessing the only way to find it in beacons.lua is to use the lat/long coordinates?

UPDATE: Zoot Alors! I did it!

I got it on my second try. I found two instances of lat/long that were close, tried the first, got the proper ID code but wrong location, tried the second and nailed it.

I simply pasted in "Гронзый - Восточный" in slot 7 for my ADF in my custom ark.lua file I archived to my latest mission.

NDB 830 = "Гронзый - Восточный" - frequency for this NDB is 830.000 - easy way to find the NDB in the beacons.lua file.

Edited by JG14_Smil

• 3 weeks later...
Excuse me, but You've written incorrectly a subfolder:

"Scripts\Aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\ARK"

You should write in this way:

"Scripts\Aircrafts\ka-50\Cockpit\ARK".

I've already updated your mission. Test it, please, and let me know.

antonio.

I am curious as to why "ka-50" works when "Ka-50" does not. "Ka-50" matches my folder names perfectly, "ka-50" does not, yet I have to have "ka-50" for it to work.

Confusing stuff!