Game crashes for some modules after modifying export.lua

Gnabbla

Hey guys,

don't know if this is the right spot here because this issue seems to be module dependent. However, I've found two modules where this issue does occur:

I need to modify my export lua script with the

"intelliVIBE = true" to get my IntelliVibe working as described here=>

https://www.ivibe.com/index.php?page=DCSWorldSupport

IntelliVibe is basically a seat-system which tries to simulate/create physical feedback of flying events (g-forces, firing the guns, retracting the gear and so on..) Therefore it needs to listen to several events provided by the DCSWorld-Engine.

This works for the following modules:

FW-190

P51

All FC3 Planes

A10C

KA50

But as soon as I try to jump in the Mig15 or Mig21 cockpit, the game crashes. Error is "could not load debriefing".

This doesn't seem to be the root cause, more likely this message occurs because there is nothing to load due to the prior crash.

However, I can fly every mission with a Mig15 and Mig21 inside until I try to fly those planes.

If I remove the line described above, I can fly those planes without any issues.

I can't imagine what's wrong here, because it's just a flag which I set, also it's hard to believe that this flag is used by those two modules internally due to the intelliVibe name in it.

Sorry, my english is more bad as well.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Gnabbla

Edit: I'm not at home right now, so I can probably go into more details late this evening.

Edited by Gnabbla

I've zipped and added the Logs as an attachment.

The archive does also contain my modified export.lua which is located in $HOME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua

I chose the Mig21 for this "Crash reproduction"

The log does state among other things the following errors:

00050.425 ERROR DXRENDERER: DXDefTexture: failed to open file mig-21_exterior_genericspecular

00051.873 ERROR DXRENDERER: DXDefTexture: failed to open file mig-21-cockpit_sps_iab

00051.903 ERROR DXRENDERER: DXDefTexture: failed to open file aotest

00052.619 ERROR SOUND: invalid source_params(COCKPIT_2D:aircrafts\mig-21\engines\mig21inengineidle): position orientation

00052.619 ERROR SOUND: invalid source_params(COCKPIT_2D:aircrafts\mig-21\engines\mig21inenginehigh): position orientation

00052.638 INFO DCS: dbox failed Initialize -7

It's hard to believe that this crashes due to missing or invalid sounds as well as textures because without the modified lua file it works quite well.

However, the whole dump is also part of the attachment but I do have problems to understand it properly. So maybe someone else might do it?

Maybe you can just try to reproduce this error by adding intelliVIBE = true to the bottom of your lua file in $HOME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua

Just try to fly a Mig21 or Mig15 then.

Cheers and thanks

Gnabbla

LogAnalysisIntelliVibeCrash.zip

Edited by Gnabbla

I am in no way a programmer of software. It seems to me the actions described in the first post as to what the chair does, would belong in the Scripts/InputEvents. lua.? (This is a question)

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.