Is there a guide on radar symbology

bkthunder

I can't find any info regarding radar symbology in the manual.

Can anyone point me to some info?

Thanks

I'm sorry. The radar section of the manual is incomplete and needs a rewrite as well.

The V simbol indicates a contact. It also indicates that the radar is in RWS mode.

The |V| symbol indicates a locked contact. Other contacts will appear as -V-. This also means that the radar is in TWS mode. You cannot guide weapons in this mode.

The H indicates a locked contact. All other contacts are disregarded. The radar is in STT mode and you can guide weapons with it.

The locked contact will display range, closing velocity, heading, velocity and the angle formed by the target's heading and your current heading, also known as B-angle. With the B-angle you can check when the target is trying to "notch", that is to put itself perpendicular to the radar beam in order to force the radar to drop both the lock and the contact.

The long line that covers most of the radar screen indicates bearing to target. When in STT mode it also indicates antenna azimuth.

The small line at the center of the locked target indicates both target velocity, it grows the faster the target travels, and B-angle, it rotates to show direction of travel.

When you have a locked target you will get additional information at the top of the screen:

Target speed in mach.

Tsrget heading.

Target closing velocity.q

Target true altitude (hundreds of feet).q

I hope this helps. I am recalling everything at this time so I can be leaving things out.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Thanks Zeus!

Yes I was specifically looking for the smaller numbers and symbols. I'm used to the F-16 in Falcon, where you bug the target it has a small number indicating altitude (which I find extremely useful), and wasn't totally sure how it was in the M2000.

Looking forward to reading more in the manual when it will be updated.

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

What is the two digit number next to an unlocked contact?

Closing speed in mach.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Are the Radar parameter switches functional? E.x the waypoint selector on the radar dash is working and cycling through wpnts but bulls selection isn't either the other switches.

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

I really feel that they should be functioning. Is there any other way to dispaly bulls in the radar screen or hud?

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0100 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

I really feel that they should be functioning.

Sorry to disagree :)

Do you know their purpose IRL?

Is there any other way to dispaly bulls in the radar screen or hud?

Uh?

Is see some confusion here. The N switch near the VTB is implemented. This one is useful, it allows to select any of the INS waypoints as reference for the TCD. Obviously you'll select your bulls most often here.

But doing this doesn't display the bulls on the VTB. Nor would any other switch located around.

OTOH the aircraft allows you to display up to 5 waypoints on the VTB, using the PCN. So you may display the one waypoint that you chose as bulls... or other ones at will :)

Edited by Azrayen

spacer.png

So i have to set bulls first as a wp manually from INS then i can select it to be displayed on the screen. cool :-)

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0100 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52