free camera movements

Crydo

Yes.... good question, i'd like to know also how they do to make the camera "stick" to the plane and is no more aligned with the ground ?

L'important n'est pas de tuer, mais de survivre.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if you read this you are too curious

You mean aircraft mounted camera? "Shift + F4" gives you the aircraft cam. You can adjust it's position in the in the lua file located at "DCSWorld/Config/View/"

At line 207 you can change values using the key below to get the right placement like putting a camera on the wing tip looking back at the aircraft.

RearCameraPos[i]  =  {o[1] - move fore/aft ,o[2] - move vertical, o[3] - move lateral}
RearCameraAnglesDefault[i]   =  {orbit, tilt}

You can use the mouse to move the camera to rotate it about the centre axis of the aircraft.

To get a cinematic camera just take a look in the settings menu for view keybindings and you'll find what is possible to control a free camera. To have a trailing camera that's not linked to the target plane I find it easier to just have another plane follow it and use one of it's views to record from. A panning ground shot can be done by taxing your camera plane along the path you want the panning shot to describe and use one of it's views to record from using the track reply.

Edited by Zomba

I don't test for bugs, but when I do I do it in production.