DCS BF Airborne mission discussion thread

Bushmanni

While tinkering and testing my DCS Battlefield mission I figured that inserting and rescuing troops with Huey is pretty fun in itself and I made a version for the Huey. Mission scoring is similar to Battlefield series games ie. each side has initial score and captured zones slowly reduce it until one side runs out of score and loses. Killing enemy units also reduces their score, infantry little and Hueys a lot. Each side has 8x slick Hueys and 4x Gunship Hueys and 24x infantry teams (4x soldiers) to capture 8x zones. Slick Hueys can carry 2 teams while Gunships can't carry any. If you somehow manage to change your payload (I don't think re-arm works yet), having one pair of rockets or miniguns allows you to carry one team.

Transport scrip is pretty advanced so that you can load any infantry team by landing next to it and using the pick-up trigger. You can then individually unload mounted groups where ever you want (landing on a building doesn't count as landing unfortunately) and pick them up again later if you want.

If your Huey gets damaged and you crashland and survive, ejecting spawns 4x soldiers as Huey crew that can be picked up by another Huey to be transported back to base to gain back some lost scores.

The mission can be downloaded from the link:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1848668&postcount=20

• Like 1

DCS Finland: Suomalainen DCS yhteisö -- Finnish DCS community

--------------------------------------------------

SF Squadron

I like the idea of being able to carry some sort of weapons as most servers running this type of mission is always unarmed Hueys.

Time you already joined us at 1stCav and we regularly play missions with gunships taking the lead with slicks in tow you should come and have a go with us sometime we have lots of very good missions already with lots more in the making.

• Like 1

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

Bushmanni this mission is excellent we have been playing this over at 1stCavDiv and enjoying it immensely.

We would like to know if there is anyway of removing the score card from the screen or just have it pop up every few minutes instead of on constant.

We would also like to invite you over to play this with us as we are planning a company head to head.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

Bushmanni this mission is excellent we have been playing this over at 1stCavDiv and enjoying it immensely.

We would like to know if there is anyway of removing the score card from the screen or just have it pop up every few minutes instead of on constant.

We would also like to invite you over to play this with us as we are planning a company head to head.

I'm planning on adding a list of settings variables that alter and turn on/off features of the script and that is one of the options I know I'm making optional. User can simply go into ME triggers and change false to true for the respective option.

I'd be happy to join you if you are playing at some suitable time. Just give me a time and I'll see if I can make it. My timezone is GMT+2.

SF Squadron

We from the 1stCav were playing yesterday at about 20GMT onwards.

I am not sure if that is a problem or intended, but altough we had some zones capatured, it didn't count down 1 ticket per zone, per second as it is explained in the briefing. It just counted down one ticket as the zone got capatured, and the stopped right there.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

I like the idea of being able to carry some sort of weapons as most servers running this type of mission is always unarmed Hueys.

The "Helicopter Wars" and variations of that mission also focus on SAR and Troop Insertion but you are armed and can also offer some CAS. At times I will drop my grunts off then hit the enemy they are engaging with my mini's.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Tried this with a few friends this evening. I wasn't able to load troops at the start point, is there some special condition required? Is it necessary to have a CA player to move/command troops or can this be done purely from the Huey slots?

Did you get any reply when you used the "Get to the chopper" radio command in F10 menu? Anyway the mission shouldn't work in the current version as there has been some changes made to the UH-1 module that change the behavior of some critical SSE commands and essentially break the troop carry scripts. I already have an updated working version of the scripts though but need some time to update the mission.

SF Squadron