DC voltmeter indications?

TurboHog

Hi, I am wondering if the DC voltmeter indications are correct when the helicopter is up and running.

No matter which voltmeter source I choose, indication is always 28V. If I turn off and reset the DC main gen and switch off the battery, both the battery, main gen and ess bus still indicate 28V.

I think that's wrong, or do I misunderstand something from the electrical system diagram?

'Frett'

The voltmeter should indicate 28 VDC on the Main Gen, 27 VDC on the Stby Gen and 24 VDC on the Batt.

The exact voltage will vary with wear and temp.

- Bear

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

- Robert A. Heinlein

I think he meant to reply to another thread and mistakenly posted in yours instead, so he just edited his post to "wrong thread". :thumbup:

Ohhhh... That makes sense.

About the issue of the voltmeter always indicating 28V no matter which VM source you choose: I'll check back later when the Huey is done.

'Frett'

After some more research I can conclude that the electrical system is clearly WIP. Please refer to my findings below and correct me if I'm wrong as I am not an aircraft technician. If not it's not WIP, I hope the testers would be so kind to file an official bug report.

DC VM readings under different conditions:

BEFORE FLIGHT

Everything OK

DURING FLIGHT

Battery (on) - 28V (should be 24V)

Battery (off) - 28V (yes, it's turned off!)

Main Gen (on) - 28V

Main Gen (off and reset) - 28V (Should indicate 0V ofc. Does show 0V when main gen breaks down)

STB Gen (on) - 27V

STB Gen (set to starter) - 27V (Should be 0V)

ESS Bus (Batt, Gen on) - 28V

ESS Bus (Batt off, Gen on) - 28V

ESS Bus (Batt on, Gen off) - 28V (see Battery (on) - should be 24V)

NON-ESS Bus (automatic on) - 0V

NON-ESS Bus (normal on, Batt on, Gen on)) - 28V

If you switch the NON-ESS Bus back to automatic it will read 28V instead of 0V. You can't revert this action

'Frett'