kneeboard not mappable to my joystick

dooom

as per the title. I can not map the kneeboard to my joystick... i can only use keyboard mappings... is there any way to add teh funcitonality to map to my JS in FC3 aircraft without deleting my keyfile and having to remap everything over agian?

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Yes there is:

Open the profile for the controller that you want to mdifiy in a editor proper (Notepad++) and add following lines directly in the next line after this one:

keyCommands = { (it's normally line #12)

You find your currently used profiles for each plane\module and each controller in C:\>username<\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\...

This is how is has to look:

[color=DarkOrange][b]keyCommands = {[/b][/color]
[color=DarkGreen]{down = 3001, cockpit_device_id = 1, value_down = 1, name = "Kneeboard Next Page", category = "Kneeboard"},
{down = iCommandPlaneShowKneeboard, name = "Kneeboard ON/OFF", category = "Kneeboard"},
{down = 3002, cockpit_device_id = 1, value_down = 1, name = "Kneeboard Previous Page", category = "Kneeboard"},
{down = 3003, cockpit_device_id = 1, value_down = 1, name = "Kneeboard current position mark point", category = "Kneeboard"},
{down = iCommandPlaneShowKneeboard, up = iCommandPlaneShowKneeboard, value_down = 1, value_up = -1, name = "Kneeboard glance view", category = "Kneeboard"},[/color]

When it's done right you can assign your buttons for the Knee-board category.

Thanks Peter ... Sadly I cannot offer any additional rep.

I appreciate it.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL