SP Mission: Parcel Carrier

Parcel Carrier V1.0 for DCS UH-1H 1.2.8

Mission file is attached to this post.

Alternative download: http://www.yurgon.de/uploads/dcs/yurgon_parcel_carrier_r15.miz (circa 500 KB)

attachment.php?attachmentid=96826

Mission Briefing

Alright nugget, listen up. It's quiet around the border -- a perfect time to test your skills with external sling loads. I'm sure you could use the practice, and I wanna know if you can be entrusted with more important deliveries if things heat up around here.

Your task is to deliver three parcels.

Parcel no.1 is a bunch of tools for the nearby construction site of a new NDB station.

Our boys in the two border guard outposts nearby deserve some candy, letters from their loved ones, and maybe even a can of beer or two to help them with the loneliness of border duty so far away from home.

Trip no.2 and no.3 consist of delivering goods for the boys in the roadblock FOBs. Both FOBs are approximately 6 nautical miles from the FARP, making for nice, short flights. Once everything is delivered, return to the FARP and shut the helicopter down.

About

"Parcel Carrier" is a single-play mission for the UH-1H with a focus on Sling Loads. That's why DCS 1.2.8 is the minimum required version for this mission.

It should take approximately 30 to 40 minutes to complete the mission.

There is some wind, but nothing too serious.

The helicopter starts cold from FARP Dallas.

It helps if you know how to use radio homing, but the distances to the FOBs are fairly short so that using the F10 map or the kneeboard should get you to your destinations.

Let me know if you like the mission and be sure to post a reply if you run into any problems with the mission. :)

Known Issues

The mission doesn't work in the 1.5 OpenBeta. If I'm not mistaken, cargo detection currently doesn't work, sorry. Mission will be fixed when the triggers work again.

At present (DCS 1.2), it seems impossible to detect a destruction event on sling loads while they are attached to the helicopter. If you destroy a sling load, the destruction event will be triggered as soon as the load is unhooked.

Update Log

V1.0: Initial Release (Internal Revision: r15)

License

CC BY

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/

Credits

Huge thanks to AlaskanGrizzly [1] for help on detecting pick-up, delivery and destruction of sling load cargos, and as always thanks to the Mission Builders' Corner [2].

[1] http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=122705

[2] http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=210

Sound files:

\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Sounds\Effects\Aircrafts\Cockpits\RadioClick After.wav

\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Sounds\Effects\Aircrafts\Cockpits\ARK800Hz.ogg

\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Sounds\Effects\Aircrafts\Cockpits\1020Hz_DF_tone.wav

yurgon_parcel_carrier_r15.miz

00_intro.jpg.bcd16ebf963b79c45f694103e141c439.jpg

01_overview.jpg.93eeff032407da0d6aad66767818a642.jpg

02_pickup_spot.jpg.5af9630225ec236f02cafae1bce51b14.jpg

03_ndb_construction_site.jpg.ffebc3cfbdad88f983f6bf764d94eae0.jpg

04_fob_denton.jpg.ce3520717183b6f08a4b5325f38883a1.jpg

05_fob_jensen.jpg.eb8b5805cd2533adc795fc789c29c2a7.jpg

Edited by Yurgon
Info that mission doesn't work in 1.5

Thanks for the mission. Great job in getting it all working.

Hey, great flying! All of that with no radar altimeter and without cargo cam, that's really hardcore, man. :D

Thanks for creating a video, looks like the mission played out very much like I intended!

I'd rep you, but since I've already done that a short while ago, you'll have to wait 'til I can do it again. :)

• 4 months later...
Nice job .... to both of you ... going to give this a shot when i pick up my pedals ... using the twist action on the x52 is not that convenient or easy for someone new to the huey :D

Pedals sure make a huge difference! Flying the Huey is hard enough as it is. :thumbup:

I hope you'll like the mission. :)

Hey, thanks for the mission, that sure made for some good hover and sling practise.

I'll bet the groundcrew were wondering if I'd been drinking, seeing me dancing around those slingloads. Good fun though, and managed to avoid destroying any of the goodies.

System: Asus z270 A Prime, Intel i7-7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080, Samsung 500GB 850 EVO SSD.

Valve Index VR, TM Warthog Throttle & Grip, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 base, TM TPDR Rudders.