Are the Ai units the same as player models?

fastfreddie

I think I've seen it stated that Ai planes don't get the internal components modeled for damage that human players do. If this is the case what is the reason not to model everything damage wise for the Ai. I understand they don't need clickable cockpits and such but do they get the rest.

I put more than 35 rounds on target in head-on passes against the P51 plus more coming up from behind to no satisfying ending. He ended landing 4 rounds which killed my engine in another head on pass. I love that I got shot down with 4 rounds but it never seems to happen the other way.

Hell no. Showered an AI P-51 with over 70(!) 20mm rounds, and he still wouldn't go down. He had 4 smoke trails, 2 from each wing, which didn't affect him at all. Eventually, I got a good 2 second burst into him in a zoom climb, from wing tip to wing tip.

It did nothing... He survived and shot me down as I passed him thinking I obliterated him...

FW 190 Dora performance charts:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=128354

however when they fight each others they react very slowly. strange.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least