Compilation of toggle switch commands post-1.2.8

With thanks to Spy Guy for his excellent thread about toggle switches, it seems to me that given the big input lua changes that seem to have occurred post-1.2.8, it would be good to compile all the currently known working toggle switch commands, in particular those intended to be assigned to 3-position HOTAS switches such as the Warthog's flaps switch, pinky switch, and boat switch.

I envision this to hopefully be as helpful as MadCat's thread about known working commands for multi-position switches (i.e. switches in DCS cockpits that don't by default have discrete commands for every switch position, primarily for pitbuilders who want to map each and every position to a separate physical switch).

For those unfamiliar with how this works, I refer you to docfu's instructions. But the basic idea is that new default.lua input files can be created, with customized new commands, as described by POLARIS1 here, and then installed using JSGME as in POLARIS1's example for Fw190 flaps provided here, the actual code of which I've posted below under the Fw190 section.

When offering additional commands to be added here, please enclose the commands within the 'code' brackets, as it makes copying-and-pasting into other's lua files easier.

To start it off, here's an example for the F-86's 'position and fuselage' lights switch; when mapped in the controls GUI to say, the Warthog's pinky switch (i.e. map the new commands 'Pos & Fus Lights - Steady middle' to pinky aft and 'Pos & Fus Lights - Flash middle' to pinky forward), this makes pinky switch forward 'flash', 'off' in the middle, and 'steady' on aft:

F-86

--Position and Fuselage Lights:
{down = nav_lights_commands.F86_CockpitDeviceCommand_PosAndFusLts, up = nav_lights_commands.F86_CockpitDeviceCommand_PosAndFusLts, cockpit_device_id = devices.NAV_LIGHTS_INTERFACE,	value_down = 1,  value_up = 0, name = 'Pos & Fus Lights - Steady middle', category = 'Right Forward Console'},
{down = nav_lights_commands.F86_CockpitDeviceCommand_PosAndFusLts, up = nav_lights_commands.F86_CockpitDeviceCommand_PosAndFusLts, cockpit_device_id = devices.NAV_LIGHTS_INTERFACE,	value_down = -1, value_up = 0, name = 'Pos & Fus Lights - Flash middle', category = 'Right Forward Console'},

Fw190-D9

--Alternate flaps
{down = device_commands.Button_1, up = device_commands.Button_2, cockpit_device_id  = devices.CONTROL_SYSTEM, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 1.0, name = 'Alternate Flaps Up middle', category = 'Flight Control'},
{down = device_commands.Button_3, up = device_commands.Button_2, cockpit_device_id  = devices.CONTROL_SYSTEM, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 1.0, name = 'Alternate Flaps Landing middle', category = 'Flight Control'},

Edited by GregP

Excellent threads all of them :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

Great! Exactly what I was looking for to add the Huey autopilot modes to the Warthog throttle A/P switch (PATH / ALT/HDG / ALT).

UH-1H

--Autopilot (using middle A/P switch on Warthog throttle)
{down = device_commands.Button_28, up = device_commands.Button_29, cockpit_device_id = devices.WEAPON_SYS, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 1.0, name = 'AutoPilot ATTITUDE HOLD middle', category = 'Cheat'},
{down = device_commands.Button_30, up = device_commands.Button_29, cockpit_device_id = devices.WEAPON_SYS, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 1.0, name = 'AutoPilot ORBIT middle', category = 'Cheat'},

Assign: 'AutoPilot ATTITUDE HOLD middle' to the PATH position on Warthog throttle

Assign: 'AutoPilot ORBIT middle' to the ALT position on Warthog throttle.

Then you will get 'AutoPilot LEVEL FLIGHT' to the middle position of the switch (ALT/HDG).