[SOLVED]DictKey_GroupName_201

Peter22

I am experiencing this issue having the 1.5 installed in two different PC (PC."A" to play and PC."B" as a server) Mission editor works perfect in PC "A" in which I can make changes and all triggers works perfect...when I open the same mission on editor in PC "B" to look or change anything the clients A10 change from whatever callsing to this "DictKey_GroupName_201...2...etc."..also wont allow me to save and exit like ignoring I applied changes....in other words PC "B"(with same windows 10 and same aspects as "A") is just not functional so I cant use as server since the triggers dotn work..(FOB-VETKA 2.0)

any help will be appreciated

Peter:(

Edited by Peter22
tittle

My Rig:I7 4790K OC to 4.5 GHz .Memory ram 16GB 64 Bit MOB Asus Maximus hero VII Nvidia NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 T Asus Monitor 4K at 3840x2160 Windos 10 64-bit on SDD 500 and DCS on separate SSD drive. Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog CH pro pedals

I am experiencing this issue having the 1.5 installed in two different PC (PC."A" to play and PC."B" as a server) Mission editor works perfect in PC "A" in which I can make changes and all triggers works perfect...when I open the same mission on editor in PC "B" to look or change anything the clients A10 change from whatever callsing to this "DictKey_GroupName_201...2...etc."..also wont allow me to save and exit like ignoring I applied changes....in other words PC "B"(with same windows 10 and same aspects as "A") is just not functional so I cant use as server since the triggers dotn work..(FOB-VETKA 2.0)

any help will be appreciated

Peter:(

This is related to my findings in:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=149353

There are quite a few missions that will not convert over, for what ever reason, it seems quite random, this has been reported to Devs.

I too have tried it on two completely different computers, with the same failed results.

The issue is that in the process of resaving out to the new format, it causes a LUA script error and doesn't complete the save properly.

Symptoms are:

• Sound and Picture files will be missing from the missions .miz file, the new .miz file is not the same size or slightly smaller than the old 1.216 .miz file
  • Straight after save, all the Units names change to the "DictKey_GroupName_xxx" format naming, hence why the editor thinks the mission needs saving on exit or loading of another mission, if you save a second time, you have totally destroyed the mission and mission .miz file.

I am watching the beta update changelogs intensely for the fix to this issue, its a real deal breaker.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

This is related to my findings in:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=149353

There are quite a few missions that will not convert over, for what ever reason, it seems quite random, this has been reported to Devs.

I too have tried it on two completely different computers, with the same failed results.

The issue is that in the process of resaving out to the new format, it causes a LUA script error and doesn't complete the save properly.

Symptoms are:

• Sound and Picture files will be missing from the missions .miz file, the new .miz file is not the same size or slightly smaller than the old 1.216 .miz file
  • Straight after save, all the Units names change to the "DictKey_GroupName_xxx" format naming, hence why the editor thinks the mission needs saving on exit or loading of another mission, if you save a second time, you have totally destroyed the mission and mission .miz file.

I am watching the beta update changelogs intensely for the fix to this issue, its a real deal breaker.

Regards, Ian.

Well thank you for the information I guess we will have to wait,however what it calls my attention is that in my main PC "A" I can do anything I want with the editor with out issues..changes units/time weather/modifications and it takes the changes righ away and the triggers works perfectly fine....why my PC "B", with same hardware, doesnt???? is just weird

Thanks any way

Peter

My Rig:I7 4790K OC to 4.5 GHz .Memory ram 16GB 64 Bit MOB Asus Maximus hero VII Nvidia NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 T Asus Monitor 4K at 3840x2160 Windos 10 64-bit on SDD 500 and DCS on separate SSD drive. Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog CH pro pedals

Save the mission on PC"B" and then post the DCS.log file that is generated. Most likely its the same error that Maddog is referring to, but it would be good to know for sure.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Save the mission on PC"B" and then post the DCS.log file that is generated. Most likely its the same error that Maddog is referring to, but it would be good to know for sure.

Sure I will..

thanks

getting invalid file ...when trying to upload the log....

Edited by Peter22
file upload

Log

here we go

thanks

log.txt

second log

this is with same mission I just opened to see the triggers and play the sound messages....

log.txt

Its not the same error from the other bug reports.

00020.036 ERROR   VFS: VFS_open_write: CreateFile(C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Missions\en\Multiplayer\FOB_VETKA_COOP_6_EN_v2.0 .miz): Access is denied

The access is denied part of the error makes me think you aren't running the game as administrator on the 2nd PC, therefore it can't correctly open the mission file.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Its not the same error from the other bug reports.

00020.036 ERROR   VFS: VFS_open_write: CreateFile(C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Missions\en\Multiplayer\FOB_VETKA_COOP_6_EN_v2.0 .miz): Access is denied

The access is denied part of the error makes me think you aren't running the game as administrator on the 2nd PC, therefore it can't correctly open the mission file.

well that is very possible since I dont remember to apply that administrator to my 2nd PC I will check and report

Thanks

Peter

Yes conformed ..that was the problem.....my bad....thanks

Solved

Edited by Peter22

Well thank you for the information I guess we will have to wait,however what it calls my attention is that in my main PC "A" I can do anything I want with the editor with out issues..changes units/time weather/modifications and it takes the changes righ away and the triggers works perfectly fine....why my PC "B", with same hardware, doesnt???? is just weird

Thanks any way

Peter

By running 1.5 in PC "B" with administrators solved the "DictKey_GroupName_xxx" issue when changes are made, however triggers still not activating.....when flying in multiplayer