L-39ZA Heavy Weapons Upgrade! (23mm Gun pods, S-24)

Hey guys

I love the L-39ZA, and the Pk-3 gun pods, but we all know sometimes good ol' 7.62mm can't get the job done!

I read the real L-39ZA was tested with 23mm pods, so I have created a mod that enables two new types of gun pods on your L-39ZA. I have made a quick video explaining the installation for those users who are unfamiliar with this type of thing.

Enjoy!

*UPDATE 7/2/2016- I've added the following weapons:

R-73 available on all stations

AIM 9 available on all stations

MiG 21 Gun Pods

UB-32 Rockets

S-8 Series Rockets, 20 Rockets per pod

S-13 heavy Rockets (For when the L-39ZA has to bust something big)

MBD-2-67U - 4 FAB-100- This is a rack with 4X FAB 100s per rack

FAB 500 M62

RBK 500

NOTE: YOU CAN EASILY GO OVER MTOW WITH ALL THESE AVAILABLE WEAPONS SO LOAD CAREFULLY!!!

REMOVED:

S-24 Series Rockets (Recoil was too much for airframe)

SPPU Gun pods (Not really needed with MiG pods and the flex functionality didn't work)

NVG Mod intergration coming soon! Above install video should still work as of OPEN BETA 1.5.4xx

[ame]

[/ame]

L_39_Za_mod.jpg

photo host

L-39ZA.lua

Edited by Hook47
  • Like 2

Hey guys, per request I have updated this mod. I added B-8 rocket pods and R-73s which are in use by Syrian L-39ZAs, however I removed the SU-25 SPPU gun pods and the S-24B heavy rockets for realism, and because the S-24B rockets don't work too hot on the little L-39ZA.

I will leave both mods up so you guys can pick what you want. Feel free to let me know if you have any requests!

BELOW- L-39ZA Mod with with B-8s, R-73S, NO S-24s, AND NO SPPU GUN PODS (MiG 21 Pods still in place)

*EDIT Updated with both the HE and Smoke marking B-8 pods!

L-39ZA.lua

Edited by Hook47

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Thanks for the update. This looks like a ton of fun,

No problem! Hope you enjoy it! It really expands the aircrafts ability in a believable way, as many of these weapons have been used or could be with little issue. I've easily wiped entire convoys off the map with the beefed up L-39ZA :)

Also for those interested I will be releasing a day 1 armamanet expansion to the F-5E Tiger once it is out. This mod will be aimed at expanding load outs to include things such as MER 5 and 6 Mk 82 racks on the wing pylons per several source photos of the F-5A, as well as adding some other weapons.