Just got a Sidewinder FFB2, is it supposed to behave like this?

Hello everyone, I just got a NIB Sidewinder FFB2 from eBay. This is the first time that I'm using one, so I have some questions to check if everything is working as it should.

1. There appears to be some play where the joystick is loose before I hit the force feedback 'wall' for the centering force. Is this behavior normal? The play exists for both when the centering force is centered, and also when it's offset.

NRXiteE.gif

eGH5KoN.gif

cEXzQ4T0il0

2. The hat makes a clacking noise whenever I move it up. It appears that there's some play in it before it hits the top switch. Is this behavior normal?

dgn-QAjIy2g

Edited by Ranma13

Your stick is fine. Center play is normal. It should/will still recenter when your hand is off (if you have the sensor taped over) Hatswitch will clack when you push it up and let it go.

Enjoy your stick in games that support it.. remember to swap the ffb x/y axes in DCS ffb tune.. most other games that support have them right by default. It really is nice for ka-50 and any prop plane. Might miss extra buttons in more modern jets/a-10c but you have the best FFB stick on the market and I'm sure you'll love it.

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.