Mig-21 unable to assign Weapons keys

Ramstein

Hi,

every since the 2.5 patch, I am unable to assign weapons keys in the control panel. I can assign joytsick and pedals.... I can assign other controls, but not the pickle, weapons, and fire, weapons. They are just greyed out. I tried deleting some folders and files, and when they came back nothing was fixed. I am not sure if any other modules have messed up on me with this issue. I am slowly checking each module for issues after the last OpenBeta 2.5 update patch.

I will attach photo..

I could not get the photo of the space for the weapon, but it is greyed out... and i had these working fine until the 2.5 ob patches...

mig-21_use_this_Screen.thumb.jpg.8c0b13355b2bb857f4479e4b3fb16422.jpg

Edited by Ramstein
add photo

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

I uninstalled and re-installed mig-21. No fix. Must have to uninstall more files somewhere.. ! arrrghhh!!!!

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

You are missing line inDCS World\Mods\aircraft\MIG-21bis\Input\MiG-21\keyboard\default.lua

{combos={{key='JOY_BTN1'}},down=device_commands.GunFireBtn,up=device_commands.GunFireBtn,cockpit_device_id=devices.WEAPON_CONTROL,value_down=1.0,value_up=0.0,name=_('Fire Gun'),category=_('Weapons')},

You are missing line inDCS World\Mods\aircraft\MIG-21bis\Input\MiG-21\keyboard\default.lua

{combos={{key='JOY_BTN1'}},down=device_commands.GunFireBtn,up=device_commands.GunFireBtn,cockpit_device_id=devices.WEAPON_CONTROL,value_down=1.0,value_up=0.0,name=_('Fire Gun'),category=_('Weapons')},

thank you! it turned out the lines were there, but had been commented out.. a '--' was before the lines ! I have no clue how this happens!

a long time I ago I remember working with some code like this, but to many years has passed and I can't think very well. I wonder how lines get commented out during a patch update? Thank you again... I still have a lot of aircraft to test... that were in the openbeta patch. The check files should catch changes like this... too look and compare changes from patches, a checksum, etc...

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

Could be. Could be you were editing it and reset/update doesn't realize that file isn't exactly identical to what it should be.

Anytime you see a box on the control grid which is active with one controller but not another it's because that definition is present in one but not both of those .lua s.

Could be. Could be you were editing it and reset/update doesn't realize that file isn't exactly identical to what it should be.

Anytime you see a box on the control grid which is active with one controller but not another it's because that definition is present in one but not both of those .lua s.

no, how could I edit it, I had no clue about the file...

I remember about some forum script about 15-20 years ago.... this reminded me of that

I never ever mess with these files. This is the deepest I have ever seen in these...

I know what commenting out is... == {........ blah blah blah..

I don't understand how that happened...

I still have to see what other

aircraft are good or bad...

That that I know how to fix this..., but i hope I never see it again...

I spent a couple days on these problems, and still have lots to test....

I don't want to go to fly something and find out it is not working correctly...

I do see OpenBeta copies some files from release version when it updates/patches, it has to be happening then..

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

• 2 weeks later...

It did it again with the latest patch (05-11-18 OpenBeta), but so far, cannot fix the problem, the weapon spaces are blank and cannot be changes... uninstalled bmig-21, re-installed, also deleted files, and it rebuilt them, but still the same problems... been at it for several hours,, had enough! Flew on server with patch Thursday night, no problems, well except for al the bugs... but did not try the mig-21 until now after latest patch on Thursday.

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

Strange, worked for me. If you look in the bug and Problems section for the mig 21. You find that there already 3 topics on this matter

Spoiler

Modules: FC3, KA-50, MIG-21, F-18, F-14, UH-1H, Spitfire, F-5E, A-10c II, A-4E, SC, F-16, CA, M2000c, BF-109K-4, Mi-24P

Terrains:Nevada, Persian gulf, Normandy + Asset pack, Syria

PC setup:I7 8700k, 32g ram, m2 ssd, gtx 1080ti, Warthog TM, MFG crosswind, Playseat Air Force, Reverb G2

I went back in again after last update, and fixed the missing code.... something erases the code or changes it during updates/patches.... Shouldn't it be locked? or some type of checksum in the process?

Removing the module and re-installing doesn't fix it when it goes bad during updates, only way to fix it, it appears is to going into files and search and fix code that get's changed... I hope this is the only module that got messed up.

I didn't have any problems during the patching. Only problem was the weapons not working because of the inability to assigning those bindings (Weapons release, Weapons fire), because those blocks were locked and empty.

Edited by Ramstein

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI