Why does my post have multiple lines separating paragraphs

hansangb

So this started a while ago.

In the editor, this line and the one above it is separated by one line. But when I post this, I'm sure itll be separated by more than one line.

It's like the old 0x0D/0x0A problem all over again. I'm using Firefox. Haven't tried it in Chrome/Edge yet.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

It sure did have multiple lines. Now trying with Chrome.

Again, one line in the editor between this line and one above it. Let's see what happens.

EDIT: OK, looks good in Chrome.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Now trying in EDGE.

Will this line be more than one line apart?

Nope. All good in EDGE.

Guess it's a FF problem.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

OK, testing it after changing the about:config value seen below to FALSE.

Placing one empty line between this line and the line above this.

editor.use_div_for_default_newlines

Got the hint about the above from Mozilla forum.

Lnwdz wrote:This might be the relevant Firefox change:

https://www.fxsitecompat.com/en-CA/docs ... ead-of-br/

I'm guessing that the old forum software expects different behaviors by Firefox and Chrome, but now they act about the same. Or maybe it is a Firefox bug.

You might be able to test the theory by posting to AVS after toggling this pref: editor.use_div_for_default_newlines

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

and.....that did it. What did we do before Google. sigh

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

and.....that did it. What did we do before Google. sigh

Found that same reference, but wasn't quite sure where to do the change, so thanks for posting and showing the correct method.

Google, for sure best invention of the century ;-)

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

:) Was driving me not quite crazy enough to fix it. Until today. LOL

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---