Proper SPI / offset mechanics

fudabidu

By now there seems to be a new post about a borked TGP and/or MAV every day. I suspect these issues come from the temporary A2G logic we have to deal with right now.

The correct logic should be known to the devs, so what's the status on the implementation? Newy or any other mod, we know you read this, just ask the developer responsible what his feelings are about it and post it here.

I'm not asking about a release date, just an update on the progress. In that context it would be good to know about the 7-MARK page as well for obvious reasons (if you know the aircraft already).

The error reports are not going to get much more useful over time, there is no point in maintaining placeholder code and we don't need things like JDAMs if the SOI still glitches out regularly. We have enough toys for now and we'd like to employ them properly.

Thank you very much in advance.

In the mean time, for everybody running into TGP / SOI issues:

1. do not panic and do not press random buttons

2. make sure you have at least one valid waypoint near your target and select it. create one if necessary

3. select the appropriate delivery mode (CCRP or PRE)

4. make TGP the SOI

5. command 'Cursor Zero' (when in doubt: TMS aft a lot)

6. TMS right for AREA track

So far this procedure has fixed my TGP/SOI every time.

- NOT tested with mixed loadouts. The MAVs always reset into VIS mode when you switch weapons, so that might screw things up in a different way.

- If you exit A2G mode without commanding Cursor Zero your waypoints appear to be messed up. Command CZ in A2G to fix it.

This is not supposed to be a support thread. If you have a problem, post it in the right section. Thanks.

I think there's an important caveat to step 2. You also have to steer the jet so the current waypoint (and HUD CCRP target box) are visible within the area of the HUD. If they are off the HUD, then in steps 4-6 when you slew the TGP it will not move the CCRP target box around with it.

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."