HID macro

Here's a brilliant piece of software that not many seem to know or use.

HID macro

It can let you use a second or third or fourth or...... keyboard or mouse (gamepad too? not sure:music_whistling:) to send macros!

It's better if you just take a look at the website:

http://hidmacros.medek.info/whatisit.php

In the newest version 1.6, HID macro is now able to tell the difference between left and right ctrl, shift, alt and windows key!

Here are some quotes from Peter Medek (the creator)'s email:

I added support for left & right ctlr, alt and shift key.

The keystroke string should work as before (e.g. ^a for ctrl+a) but if

you want to use left one, you add < and > for right.

For example: left ctrl a = ^<a

right ctrl a = ^>a

Left ctrl + right shift + b = ^<+>b

OK, I have added win key, it's #. You can also use #< and #>, actually

# will send left key, because there's no special virtual key code for

"common" Win key, as there are for ctl, shift and alt.

Updated archive is at the same location.

Here's the download link:

http://hidmacros.medek.info/HidMacros_16.zip

Cheers:cheer3nc::cheer3nc::cheer3nc:

Pretty cool!

Thanks for the link!

I already have programs like autokey and some similar tools, but they only register the key pressed, not the keyboard used. As I have two additional numpads, those might be even more usefull, now ;)

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

• 8 months later...

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but is there a way to insert a delay between between 2 keystroke? i.e: Ralt (delay) then 0. For some reason DCS doesn't get my macro right. It acts as if the keystroke combination was typed too fast and it wasn't picking up the modifier. I had the same issue with my G15. I went around this by recording the delay between the keys when programming my macros...

pit

MOBO ASUS P5QL-Pro, Intel Q9550 2.8Ghz @ 3.5 GHZ, 8GB DDR2 Crucial, XFX HD6950, TM Warthog, TIR4 /w Pro-Clip, 24 In Samsung Syncmaster LED, 2 X Cheapo 8in LCD's for MFD's and TM MFCD's attached to it, Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

• 5 months later...

Guys, I need to bump this as i'm running in the same issue with DCS:A10C.

My keystrokes are working in FSX, but nothing happens in DCS. The game doesn't pick the modifier

MOBO ASUS P5QL-Pro, Intel Q9550 2.8Ghz @ 3.5 GHZ, 8GB DDR2 Crucial, XFX HD6950, TM Warthog, TIR4 /w Pro-Clip, 24 In Samsung Syncmaster LED, 2 X Cheapo 8in LCD's for MFD's and TM MFCD's attached to it, Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

I get error entering page.

ANyway I recommend AutoHotkey - well know app for macros with thousands of made macros ;]

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

• 2 weeks later...

Or you can use Xpadder which works great for me.

SYSTEM: ASUS P8Z77-V // Intel i5-3570k Ivy Bridge 3.4Ghz o.c. 4.4Ghz // 8GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 PC2133 9-11-10-28 // MSI 570GTX Twin Frozr 1.25GB PCI-E 2.0 x16 // Win7 64-bit Home Premium ~~ DISPLAY: Sanyo 42" HDTV@1900x1080 ~~ DRIVES: Intel 330 series 60G Maple Crest SSD SATA III // WD 4000AAKS 400GB SATA II // WD Scorpio (laptop drive) 320GB SATA II ~~ CASE: AZZA Hurrican 2000 Full Tower // Cooler Master 750W P.S.