FC2.0: F15C: Campaign Mission 7 AAR

Ven

After a series of attacks, I guess Russians are taking it easy as I'm on CAP duty this evening.

briefing.jpg

It's a beautiful evening anyway so let's take a stroll.

ScreenShot_001.jpg

Oh good... looks like we'll be getting some action afterall! 4-ship Flanker and 4-ship Frogfoot. Not too shabby.

ScreenShot_002.jpg

They're coming over those mountains this time.

ScreenShot_005.jpg

Confirmed and cleared to intercept just as I was turning back towards waypoint 2.

ScreenShot_008.jpg

SA-10 Big Bird out there. Better stay away from that area. And my wing telling me that Flankers are bracketing. It would actually help me out since they'd be easier to target.

ScreenShot_010.jpg

Here's the first picture I got on my radar. Two jammers are probably from the Flankers... they always seem to have it on. And Frogfoots at medium altitude. I can't tell if the Flankers are in front or behind the Frogfoots at this point.

ScreenShot_011.jpg

I thought about launching on the SU-25's first... but Flankers should be the priority here... they're closing while I'm hesitating.

ScreenShot_012.jpg

I figured I was already close to the ECM burn through range so I decided to wait. And it shows the Flankers slightly behind the Frogfoots at 25K altitude. Locked 3 of them and ordered 3 to engage my target and cover me command to 2 and 4.

ScreenShot_013.jpg

Just as I'm giving orders, I fired 3 AIM-120C's. Fox 3! I didn't capture a screenshot but my next maneuver as always is to turn away.

ScreenShot_014.jpg

Later analysis of the track file shows how the enemy responds to my tactic. Just as I expected, they launch R-27ER first.

ScreenShot_015.jpg

And then go defensive to my attack. I love it when my plan works out. This should give my wingmen better odds.

ScreenShot_016.jpg

Flanker kills. It seems that those who ejected have quite a hike over those mountains.

ScreenShot_017.jpg

Frogfoot kills. All belongs to my wingmen... they didn't leave any for me!

ScreenShot_022.jpg

While rejoining formation, wing 2 pulls a stunt. Perhaps he was serious about wanting to transfer to Thunderbirds.

ScreenShot_027.jpg

Compared to some earlier missions, this was actually a walk in the park.

ScreenShot_028.jpg

We were cleared RTB but since we still had quite a bit of ammo and fuel left, I decided to continue the CAP. Hoping for some more action.

ScreenShot_029.jpg

Only action we got was creating this contrails superhighway for an hour. I wont be doing that again.

ScreenShot_032.jpg

Debriefing shows that of the three AIM-120C's I fired, two of them found their way into two Flankers. Was a bit surprised as I didn't expect them to make a kill.

debrief.jpg

Thanks for reading!

Mission 3 AAR

Mission 4 AAR

Mission 5 AAR

Mission 6 AAR

Mission 7 AAR

Mission 8 AAR

Mission 9 AAR

Mission 10 AAR

Edited by Ven

Thanks for posting :) Good job at them.

[sIGPIC]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6720/avatarpolishairforce.png[/sIGPIC]

system specs:

mobo: Gigabyte GA-P35DS4 rev 2.1, CPU: Intel C2D E8400@4GHz, GPU: Nvidia 8800GTS 512, RAM: Kingston HyperX 4x 1GB 1066MHz Dual Channel, HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F1 640 GB x2, sound: Realtek Azalia ALC889A + SB Audigy + Dolby Digital/DTS external encoder/tuner, display: Asus VW222U 22', case: Raidmax Smilodon, headphones: Sennheiser HD650, stick: Saitek Cyborg Evo, Track IR4 Pro + TrackClip Pro, O/S: Windows 7/Vista x64

• 1 year later...

Ven, I successfully downed all enemy aircraft and completed 6-1/2 Waypoint #2-to-Waypoint #3 CAP cycles (despite being told to RTB) but I still don't have any other waypoints except #2 and #3, much less an ILSN waypoint for landing. I tried landing manually but got no "Mission Completed" from the game. :-(

Edited by twoods7333

Excellent after-action report :thumbup:

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.