FC2.0: F15C: Campaign Mission 8 AAR

Ven

This probably is one boring AAR because it's a night mission and you can't see a thing. Don't get me wrong... there was a lot of action and was a lot of fun... you just can't see it.

I also like to mention that I failed this mission twice before getting it right. First because I was waiting for my wingman to catch up as always and didn't get there in time. Second, I got there in time but used up all the fuel in doing so... and got wasted by an SA-15. So with the lesson learned...

We got a possible defector and he may bring his SU-25. Why can't he bring something more sexy like the Flanker? It seems 2 Fulcrums are after him and we're supposed to bail him out. I only get one wingman for this mission.

briefing.jpg

It's 4 O'clock in the morning and very dark... Not good for capturing screenshots. The mission by default gave me one fuel tank but I learned my lesson and put one more. I'm gonna have to go full afterburner all the way to engagement zone. I can always jettison the tanks once I get there if I have to.

ScreenShot_001.jpg

2 plus 2 Fulcrums. I don't think that Uzi flight will be much help.

ScreenShot_002.jpg

Getting close to the border so I turn my radar on. There is the SU-25 just under 30nm out and pretty much on the ground. I don't see the MIG's yet.

ScreenShot_004.jpg

Don't see them on the radar but it seems they can see me.

ScreenShot_005.jpg

Finally appeared on my radar at 25nm range and closing. Seems he's literally breathing down on the SU-25. I still don't see the second one yet.

ScreenShot_006.jpg

There's the second one. ETA to border 3 minutes... gonna be a long 3 minutes.

ScreenShot_007.jpg

MIG's getting ready to fire on the defector it seems.

ScreenShot_010.jpg

Can't wait any longer. Fired 2 AIM-120C's at almost Rmax range. It's important to note that you're in hostile territory here. And there are enemy SAM's lurking to the west. Always turn northeast towards the mountains avoiding the SAM's when possible. And don't go in too deep.

ScreenShot_011.jpg

The two slammers did serve its purpose and put the MIG's in defensive mode. I guess saving their own arse is their priority. Launched two more slammers as I asked my wingman to join in the fight.

ScreenShot_012.jpg

This darkness sure makes it easy to spot these fireworks. This one's my kill.

ScreenShot_014.jpg

I only spotted one kill and can't find the other one. Can't see him on the radar and doesn't show up on my TEWS either so I wonder if he just crashed. It's really challenging to develop a good SA in this darkness. Nothing to orient myself but the gauges. Instead, I see the other group of 2 Fulcrums at 15nm range and closing. I engage them first and told my wingman to "cover me" just in case that one MIG is still on me.

ScreenShot_016.jpg

Meanwhile defector has made it across the border.

ScreenShot_017.jpg

I managed to splash one of the MIG's in second group.

ScreenShot_015.jpg

And my wingman got the other. Still don't know what happened to the 4th MIG.

ScreenShot_019.jpg

At times like these, AWACS can be useful. And it also appeared on the TEWS just as AWACS answered.

ScreenShot_023.jpg

It turns out, he was running away right after the first engagement. Yea... I'd run from me too. I decided not to chase because I know there's SA-15 and SA-11 lurking.

ScreenShot_024.jpg

Defector is safe... hope he brought some nice Vodka to put me back to sleep.

ScreenShot_031.jpg

My first night landing.

ScreenShot_032.jpg

Debriefing. I got 2 and my wingman got 1.

debrief.jpg

Thanks for reading!

Mission 3 AAR

Mission 4 AAR

Mission 5 AAR

Mission 6 AAR

Mission 7 AAR

Mission 8 AAR

Mission 9 AAR

Mission 10 AAR

Edited by Ven

Yeah great idea and nice AAR as always Ven.

Im going to have to stop reading these now that I am doing the F15 Campaign for myself as it will spoil all the suprises. I dont want to though...

Once again congrats to ED for the funky new mission in FC2 - they are leaps and bounds above what they used to be and an absolute joy to fly. They are immersive and atmospheric.

Keep them coming ED!

I assume EvilBivol conjured up mission 9 and 10. Those were evil.

And thaFunkster, I'd love to hear your experience about the missions. Lots of feedback on A10 campaigns but not enough on the F15 campaign. I hope someone else start doing the SU25 campaign AAR as I just started on those.

Edited by Ven