Anyone having a problem setting dynamic weather?

I posted a comment on another 1.1.0.8 board but no one seems apt to respond or test. Anyhoo... My problem is setting the dynamic weather in 1.1.0.8. I find I set up all my settings and save it to a custom template but there is no place to apply the weather. In the GUI manual it states there should be an OK or CANCEL buttom at the bottom of the weather tab. I see neither.

Also when I save those settings to the template, I save the mission then fly but I see in the briefing its only using the standard weather settings.... Is there something I'm doing wrong or are others seeing this too?

Note* I love 1.1.0.8. Great progress. Thank you to anyone willing to help.

No longer the need to press OK or Cancel - the weather is edited on the fly.

I've never saved my to a template, I think it's for static weather.

However I've used dynamics a bit lately, it seems to be a bit hard to get poor weather / clouds - but I'm still learning.

But yeah, it's set every time I set it and switch back to working on the mission units - and save the mission.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Thats interesting, the only way to close the window is to hit the orange x at the top right, the GUI states this cancels any changes, and I also notice that the weather in the brief is what was set in the static settings at the opening of the new mission. I think its like 3/5/7.... if its saving and updating my dynamic settings I should be flying in a 40,000 ft blizzard I think...

I know in 1.1.0.7 I was using dynamic for every one of my missions as I was getting good at creating sporadic and random cloud cover at very admirable elevations. I am surely not getting the same results now. I'll do some more testing tomorrow.

Anyhow, thank you for replying, I was starting to think no one was going to. Seems not as many people play with dynamic weather as I thought...

I use DW and have never had any issues except that the turbulence in MP seems excessive. Going to fire editor up now and see

Ok the save on the right beneath the editing section of weather is for non dynamic options. To create a mission with dynamic weather

click on DW radio button

decide on the params you require. Choose between the four seasons and temperature. Then how many systems to generate. Choose Anticyclone or cyclone and pressure deviation etc.

Then press save mission on the left or use the drop down, save as on the top. Dont use the save next to the pre set weather

Edited by Cibit

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok well I gave it a shot. It looks like that method isnt working either. I set it, immediately save and fly and its clear, the same settings as standard which I set as 0/0/0 wind at 0/2000/8000.

Also when I quit the mission and go back into the editor I click on weather and the settings under dynamic are changed, the most noticeable is it resets to cyclone, when I saved I had it set to none. Please see if you can replicate.

And thanks for your help, invaluable.

Edit** I have found that you are in fact correct. Turns out that I tried saving a few times using the quicksave on the left and that didnt work, I went back and tried the drop down save as. That did. Upon further testing Im finding that you must have the cursor active in the dynamic weather menu when you hit save or it wont take it, I think.

Also the weather still doesnt reopen, meaning you go back into the editor and open the weather panel your settings go back to an autogenerated pattern. Im going to go ahead and submit this into a bug forum. I think its entirely too difficult to use, at least consistently.

Edited by WildFire

Dynamic weather dialog seems to be working perfectly as expected for me. Make changes, use the save icon in the toolbar, re-open weather panel and changes are still there. Restarted the game (GUI), opened mission, changes are still there.

Are you having this problem with all missions or just some? What if you create a brand new mission?

Yeah I had contacted Tharos and he promised full functionality on his end so I'm in the process of canning steam and doing a full install, although its taking a quite some time to download. In any event, once I'm back up and running I'll have all those posts removed since it seemed to have been an internal corruption with steam/1.1.0.8 manual patching...

I was also having an issue with the TAD not showing purple/blue circles with the correct net set in MP so hopefully that'll be done and gone too.

Thanks for verifying though, input is appreciated.

Ok my initial tests, were not going so well. I had picked dynamic, generated a random system, quicksave, then fly about 10 times without a cloud in the sky, I was starting to wonder. So I set up standard weather with cloud coverage at like 7. Once I verified the sim was capable of producing clouds, I went back to dynamic. For some reason after that she worked like a charm. I tested it probably twenty more times and only twice I came up without a cloud in the sky, but that was probably due to at the end I begin changing settings myself and I probably really jacked it... With that being said all is right in the world, apparently the patch did corrupt the weather a bit, because I tried everything I have done here without success.

Only one question left, does the system automatically get set once youve saved the weather settings? Or does this actually change and affect the weather? See attached.

BeforeMission.PNG.e68e037d51529e5d9705cff8b8e3531b.PNG

AfterMission.thumb.PNG.55bbe8f5e0565701ef195d0a38d95dd6.PNG

Edited by WildFire
Updated, and done.. Finally...

Try using the 'generate', it'll give you a new weather pattern.

1 or 2 cyclones. Or anticyclones.

I find autumn and 10 degrees C being a favorite, gives me a lot of rain sometimes depending on the generation etc.

From what I heard 3 cyclones is too much, probably due to the size of the area.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

I agree, Although the merit of winter IMC is proven. I think you can even set it up to far past CAT II. :devil: Im actually doing some testing with that today and gonna do some ILS heads down.

You get a bit of rain in fall too. Depending of course.