Problem with GAU-8/A and Rockets tutorial 1.1.0.8?

Gremlin

Just wondering if anyone else has a problem with this tutorial. When the instructor tells you to turn ti waypoint 3. After you complete the turn nothing more happens? Anyone able to complete this tutorial?

Thx

Gun Training Problem

I have been trying the GUN training mission, and keep running into a problem. I follow all directions, and take off toward waypoint 2. At some point prior to reaching the waypoint, I'm instructed to head back toward waypoint 3. I change my steerpoint to waypoint 3 and head back inland as instructed. I never hear from the instructor again. I fly to waypoint 3 and... nothing. Waypoint 4 becomes auto selected when I reach 3. If I head over there, I see the range, but still receive no instruction. So, I shoot up the targets on my own, wishing I knew how to fire my rockets. Then, I get bored, fly to the nearby airbase, and start straffing it as well. They don't seem to mind, as I land my plane there and am not arrested.

Anyway. Is this a bug? I downloaded the "new missions", but it acts exactly the same. I have a similar problem on another training missions... DSMS I believe.. but haven't tried it after installing the new missions.

Also, how do you know what version of the game you have? Would be nice if it showed the version number on the main menu. I access the game via steam.

Thanks!

Could you attach a track of your flight, so we can take a look? The updated missions had been tested and found to play through correctly, but it's possible something was missed or perhaps something going wrong on your end. To make sure you are in fact flying the updated mission and not the outdated ones that came default with 1.1.0.8, what are the exact names of the waypoints you see on the HUD when you cycle through them?

Edited by EvilBivol-1
  • Like 1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Could you attach a track of your flight, so we can take a look? The updated missions had been tested and found to play through correctly, but it's possible something was missed or perhaps something going wrong on your end. To make sure you are in fact flying the updated mission and not the outdated ones that came default with 1.1.0.8, what are the exact names of the waypoints you see on the HUD when you cycle through them?

Okay, I checked and I am on 1.1.0.8

How do I make a track of a training mission flight?

Here are the waypoint names:

0/INIT POSIT

1/RWY

2/MSN002

3/MSN003

4/RANGE

5/MSN000

That does appear to be the updated mission. I just flew it again and it worked on my end.

To save a track, you can run the mission from the mission editor. You will then have a debriefing screen when you exit the mission, where you'll have an option to save the track.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Forum Rules

That does appear to be the updated mission. I just flew it again and it worked on my end.

To save a track, you can run the mission from the mission editor. You will then have a debriefing screen when you exit the mission, where you'll have an option to save the track.

Thanks. Still having the problem. Track attached. A few notes:

1) Notice the "instructor" isn't able to engage autopilot, even though he says he is going to. This is because the EAC is off. This only happened after installing the "new missions". In the original 1.1.0.8 missions, the EAC is already ON.

2) When I get to waypoint 3, I don't receive further instructions. My waypoint automatically changes to 4. I head to the range, shoot some targets, and then make an impromptu landing. I never receive instructions on using the rockets. No instructions after "head back inland to waypoint 3".

3) Odd that on the forum here, I can't upload a 6MB trk file, but I can upload a 6MG ZIP file. Shouldn't the .trk limit be the same as the .zip limit, as compressing the .trk doesn't seem to result in much smaller file size?

Thanks for your help.

GunsRocketsProblem1108.zip

From what I can see, the problem is that you initially turn off the IFFCC (presumably by left-clicking the switch) instead of setting it to TEST mode (middle position, right-click). Once the IFFCC is off, it kicks off the EAC and resets the steerpoint names, which then don't match what is expected by the "instructor" based on what was programmed into the mission. This can actually be fixed by doing a DTS Nav Data update on the CDU, but obviously that isn't covered in the lesson.

Also, I see you never lifting off the runway and running right into the grass for a successful explosion, but that's another matter entirely. :)

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Forum Rules

From what I can see, the problem is that you initially turn off the IFFCC (presumably by left-clicking the switch) instead of setting it to TEST mode (middle position, right-click). Once the IFFCC is off, it kicks off the EAC and resets the steerpoint names, which then don't match what is expected by the "instructor" based on what was programmed into the mission. This can actually be fixed by doing a DTS Nav Data update on the CDU, but obviously that isn't covered in the lesson.

Also, I see you never lifting off the runway and running right into the grass for a successful explosion, but that's another matter entirely. :)

I bet real A10 pilots make the right/left click mistake ALL THE TIME! Thanks for catching that. Just ran it again and made it through with no problems!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I have the very same problem as described and I'm running game version 1.2.2.7570.

During my last attempt I made sure that

- I was not missing out to retract the landing gear right after take off and

- I was not right clicking the IFFCC twice. I was just turning it to test mode (right clicking once) according to the instructor.

Still no further instructions after I turn right for waypoint 3.

I was not able to provide a track because I don't know where to find the training mission from inside the mission editor.

Some advice was greatly appreciated! :)

Edited by Pilot_Alpha