Another ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X Profile! Woop

dnc

For all you cheap stick people I have created an edited version of CarneyUK's profile for the ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X Profile.

I also created a little help sheet for people to use when trying to remember all of the commands.

To install copy the .lua file to your ...\Saved Games\DCS Warthog\Config\Input\A-10C\joystick folder.

Then load the profile in the A-10 controller options by clicking in any of the joysticks cells and clicking load profile.

I don't intend on giving much more support for this profile as I won't have the stick (as I'm going to an X52) so I won't be able to maintain it for a long while but will be able to give some help in the next few days.

I created this for my for my dad to use on his computer, which is why I can't maintain the profile (he's a bit old and needs some help learning complex sims (bless his cotton socks)).

Anyway I hope someone gets some use out of it and you can use the profile (I have only tested it on my dads computer).

Thanks,

dnc.

1191587648_TFlightHotasControlsPage.thumb.jpg.6914156af290d84278d84953b6502c52.jpg

T.Flight Hotas X OC.lua

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Many thanks I bought today my HOTAS, just what I need. Or so I believed. I loaded the profile, and it give me a lot of invalid commands, red-marked. I simply loaded it from the game menu. Any help please ?

Addendum : I cannot configure the throttle

Edited by Grayghost02

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have got the game and this stick today, and i am having issues configuring the throttle also. Anyone got any tips?

Ta.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I go by 'Gryphon' on MP. Intel Core i7 9700K OC 5GB. 32GB DDR4 4300Mhz Crucial RGB Ballistix OC. Corsair Hydro Series H100. ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F. EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB OC. * 2 Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 500GB. Seagate 1TB 3.5" SATA3 FireCuda SSHD. TMaster T.16000m FCS HOTAS. Track IR.

For all you cheap stick people I have created an edited version of CarneyUK's profile for the ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X Profile.

I also created a little help sheet for people to use when trying to remember all of the commands.

To install copy the .lua file to your ...\Saved Games\DCS Warthog\Config\Input\A-10C\joystick folder.

Then load the profile in the A-10 controller options by clicking in any of the joysticks cells and clicking load profile.

I don't intend on giving much more support for this profile as I won't have the stick (as I'm going to an X52) so I won't be able to maintain it for a long while but will be able to give some help in the next few days.

I created this for my for my dad to use on his computer, which is why I can't maintain the profile (he's a bit old and needs some help learning complex sims (bless his cotton socks)).

Anyway I hope someone gets some use out of it and you can use the profile (I have only tested it on my dads computer).

Thanks,

dnc.

good luck on X52 i have killed 3 in 3 years worst thing is, i find is mouse on them go's crazy on boot up till the software loads up but if you have a error your ?????? as it will keep going and going no matter how you try to use your mouse. dead zones never stay true. first stage trigger gone. happened on every stick now will never get a a X45 X52 & X52 pro.

save your cash and get a good stick. (hotas warthog) no problems to date:joystick:

:smartass: Clevo D900F laptop 19", I7 975, 12Gb ram, Nvidia 480m 2Gb, 1x SSD sata3 750Gb, 2x sata3 512Gb. Blu ray DVD ect. 22" second monitor.

:joystick: HOTAS Warthog A-10, saitek Pro flight yoke/pedal/throttle/switcher system's. TrackIR v5, n52te

:book: iPad 2 (i use it for FSX and A-10)

i don't own a PC any more.

I figured out why the profile messes up. You have to set buttons to be able to be used as modifiers, which apparently isn't saved in the configuration file. On the bottom left of the options control page, click modifiers. Click add, and then add JOY_BTN3, JOY_BTN9, and JOY_BTN10 as modifiers, should work from there.

I figured out why the profile messes up. You have to set buttons to be able to be used as modifiers, which apparently isn't saved in the configuration file.

That is correct. Switches/Modifiers need to be reset if the profile uses them. I have never figured out where they are stored but they aren't in the saved/imported proflie (or at least they weren't when I ran into this problem).

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 7 months later...

FYI, the modifiers are stored in modifiers.lua that resides inside C:\Users\<user>\Saved Games\DCS Warthog\Config\Input. The modifiers for all devices (keyboard and stick) are defined in the same file and data structure. I recommend setting the modifiers via Options > Control as Zalgo pointed out, shutting down the game and copying the lua, then the profile should work. If you don't set the modifiers all the stick bindings marked with a red background/label in the options menu!

As a reference I've included my modifiers.lua file:

return {

["RAlt"] = {key = "RAlt", device = "Keyboard"},

["RCtrl"] = {key = "RCtrl", device = "Keyboard"},

["LWin"] = {key = "LWin", device = "Keyboard"},

["LCtrl"] = {key = "LCtrl", device = "Keyboard"},

["JOY_BTN9"] = {key = "JOY_BTN9", device = "T.Flight Hotas X {70DC53C0-680C-11e2-8002-444553540000}"},

["RWin"] = {key = "RWin", device = "Keyboard"},

["RShift"] = {key = "RShift", device = "Keyboard"},

["LAlt"] = {key = "LAlt", device = "Keyboard"},

["MOUSE_BTN3"] = {key = "MOUSE_BTN3", device = "Mouse"},

["LShift"] = {key = "LShift", device = "Keyboard"},

["JOY_BTN3"] = {key = "JOY_BTN3", device = "T.Flight Hotas X {70DC53C0-680C-11e2-8002-444553540000}"},

["JOY_BTN10"] = {key = "JOY_BTN10", device = "T.Flight Hotas X {70DC53C0-680C-11e2-8002-444553540000}"},

}

Note that yours may differ depending on the keyboard modifiers you use and that your device ID will definitely differ from the one above!

• 2 years later...

Cannot load a profile

I'm trying to use the Thrustmaster Hotas X profile from this thread : http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=83516

It doesn't want to load under the Options Load Profile section. DCS sess the Thrustmaster, and I've been able to add modifiers, but cannot get a profile loaded.

Tried using the .diff.lua extension that the file broswer looks for by default.

Tried modifying the default.lua file with the config of the profile from the thread above.

Basically stuck. I know its a cheap HOTAS, but I'd at least like to get through the training before I decide on the Warthog stick.

That profile is too old. About a year ago they made major changes to the file name, which is why it won't load, as well as the internal structure.

Your options are to search for a newer profile or to program your stick, in game, to match the profile.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Right, the solution was to remove the "function layout()" and "end" lines from the very start and the very end of the profile. And then to rename the file the same name as DCS sees in the column next to keyboard for Options. So in my case the file had to be called T.Flight Hotas X.lua. DCS then saw the file and parsed it correctly.

BTW, this solution was provided in the following thread :

Cheers.