JTAC in campaign giving me targets 300NM away?

Viper482

On about the 10th mission or so, have offensive CAS and two objectives, one to east the other to west. I have 2 JTACS, one east and one west, I assume to match the OBJs. I started west and killed a bunch of stuff then was cleared off so I contacted the east JTAC to help out there. This dude wanted me to engage 300 some NM away and it was a TIC as well.

Is this a bug, is there some other front line I don't know about? Or am I doing something wrong? lol. I know how to input coords in the cdu and slue the pod, etc. Checked and rechecked the coords, they were some KM kill box when typically everything has been GG.

Any clue?

It doesn't- but the likely culprit is you're on 37T and should be on 38T or versa vice. You've flown from one zone, into another one so the grid has defaulted to 37T... but the target area you're working in is 38T.

Go back to your track and "enter cockpit" or "take over" or whatever it is and take a look at the waypoint data. It'll likely be in the wrong zone.

Switch it over to the "other" one and you'll be in the ballpark.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Okay, I see the problem now....I am in fact going from 37T to 38T, my targets are in 38T but my system is still set to 37T. Found this link here on how to accomplish the change in the CDU for anyone else who has this problem http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=83178

I searched forever but found this immediately once I knew what to look for lol.

Thanks for the help!

Edited by Viper482

I know about grid zone designators, but that's weird because I can see KM on that map but I don't have it on mine. This is the Georgian Hammer with CA campaign, if that matters.

I have encountered the same situation before with this same mission within the Georgian Hammer CA campaign and the original Georgian Hammer campaign. I already played around with changing the zone from 37T to 38T but still with the same results. I got to the point of exiting the JTAC at that point and went back to LL coordinates and advanced to the waypoint labeled "HQ". It is a workaround but everything else that has been suggested has not worked. I was also playing single player, off line(not on another server)

Edited by spn

I have encountered the same situation before with this same mission within the Georgian Hammer CA campaign and the original Georgian Hammer campaign. I already played around with changing the zone from 37T to 38T but still with the same results. I got to the point of exiting the JTAC at that point and went back to LL coordinates and advanced to the waypoint labeled "HQ". It is a workaround but everything else that has been suggested has not worked. I was also playing single player, off line(not on another server)

With JTAC if all else fails, accept and wait for the MSG to appear in the MFD. It is in LL and you can enter that. I do that if I am to lazy to switch back and forth if I am near the grid borders.