TrackIR Zoom View

Hi all,

Just got myself a TrackIR 5 today. I love it.

However. I'm using TrackIR Z axis as Zoom View and not as cockpit translation.

And it works great except when I center view I find the default zoom level to bee too close.

Is there some way to save or tweak trackir to have the "center" of the Z axis at a slightly negative number? (I'm hoping you gurus know what I mean).:helpsmilie:

EDIT: Also, I've managed to save a non centered cockpit view. How in tarnation do I reset it to center???

Edited by chrisofsweden

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

Sounds like a job for snap view, we need to find the thread that shows us what file to delete after we jack the views up.. because it will happen..easy to fix, easy to learn the snap view, but you have to fuss with it to understand it. try and use the directions in the briefing so you can see them while in the pit. you'll find there is a difference from zoom and camera forward. indicated by the ladder in the HUD vs. The front panel. do all this zooming while there is a HUD is up and running

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=121093&highlight=snap+view

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MoBo: SaberTooth P67 B3 CPU: i7 2600K OC'd 4.434 Cooling: H100, Nine Asorted Fans GPU: EVGA Drvr344.75 GTX 780 and 580 w/physX MEM: Patriot Viper Xtrm 16GB Power: Antec HGC-900 HRD: Samsung SSD 256GB, WD 2TB wPageFile OS: Win7pro 64b Display: AcerHN274H-nVidia3D 27", Qty2 BenQ GW2750HM 27", Asus VS208 24", Qty2 Lilliput U80/c Input: G13, G110, G700s, TM WortHog, Saitek Cmbt Rudder, TM MFCDs, TrackIR5 Sound: Z906, G930w/IR5/Pwr. Pack Chair: See Album

Thanks for the input.

I deleted the file "C:\Users\User\Saved Games\DCS\Config\View\SnapViews.lua"

That seemed to reset the bad saved snap view.

However, I've still not understood and managed to get a "default center" view that is centered but not as zoomed in by default...

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz

The problem with default center is that it's the minimum zoom + maximum zoom divided by two.

So, if your airplane has a zoom of 20-140, then center is 80, not 90 where you may want it to be.

Setting the starting zoom point does nothing once your trackIR activates.

The correct way to fix this would be to adjust your trackIR's zoom curves so that it's slightly above or below where it would normally be. You could also set a flat/dead zone so you don't zoom unless you move way forward or back...

I think I've posted this somewhere already... But here goes:

Sit closer to the TIR camera than you would like to, press TIR center view; then resume your normal sitting distance from the camera. You may have to do this a few times with different initial distances and angles in order to get proper views in your normal sitting position, but this for sure works, for obvious reasons.

The correct way to fix this would be to adjust your trackIR's zoom curves so that it's slightly above or below where it would normally be. You could also set a flat/dead zone so you don't zoom unless you move way forward or back...

This is offcourse what I was thinking too. Before I used an axis control on my throttle for zoom.

I could "fine tune" that axis and turn it into a "slider" in game and then adjust the slider curve so that center zoom was in fact further back.

But this is not workable with TrackIR "axises" in game is it?

@blackbelter: Yes this is what I do now, but it's a hassle.

The best way would be if I could offset the center of the Z axis in the TrackIR software but I don't know if it's possible.

To get your "own usable default view", will be a combination of the correct zoom and camera position set, then stored using Default view procedures. After entering the pit, "our usable default view" will not be apparent, as the "useless default view" will be up. We need to every time first entering the pit, hit the num5 (view center)and nument (zoom normal) to see "our usable default view". I've made a single button to do this for me.

I need to look and see weather it was zoom or camera view that appeared to get stuck (not really) at its limits. seems to me its the zoom.. I should post my testing comments. I'd need to pretty them up.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MoBo: SaberTooth P67 B3 CPU: i7 2600K OC'd 4.434 Cooling: H100, Nine Asorted Fans GPU: EVGA Drvr344.75 GTX 780 and 580 w/physX MEM: Patriot Viper Xtrm 16GB Power: Antec HGC-900 HRD: Samsung SSD 256GB, WD 2TB wPageFile OS: Win7pro 64b Display: AcerHN274H-nVidia3D 27", Qty2 BenQ GW2750HM 27", Asus VS208 24", Qty2 Lilliput U80/c Input: G13, G110, G700s, TM WortHog, Saitek Cmbt Rudder, TM MFCDs, TrackIR5 Sound: Z906, G930w/IR5/Pwr. Pack Chair: See Album

Thanks for all replies. I've solved it now though. Dunno why I didn't check it properly before but I could actually configure the trackir z axis in game like I did with the axis on the joystick before. Set the axis as a slider and then curve it to offset the center to be about 15-20% zoomed out. :)

Thanks all for your effort though!!!