Pilot helmet texture locations

arraamis

I'm trying to make some custom painted helmets and searching the forum, even with g00gles help isn't finding the info for DCS world 1.27

Got the modelviewer to work which answered the questions I had ....

But still cannot get the following to display the custom helmets

KA-50

SU-25T

Thanks in advance!!

Edited by arraamis

Can anyone tell me why this isn't working. I loaded the modelviewer (finally got it to work) and I'm using the exact texture names displayed in the textures used list.

The images are the correct size also, so I'm a little baffled.

SU25T

{"rus-helmet.bmp", 0, "rus-helmet_AR.dds",false},

KA50

{"rus-helmet_ka-50.bmp", 0, "rus-helmet_ka-50.AR.dds", false},

Edited by arraamis

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes the Material Name doesn't match the default texture file. Try this for the Su-25T:

"RUS-HELMET",0,"rus-helmet_AR.dds",false},

and for the KA-50:

{"KA-50-RUS-HELMET",0,""rus-helmet_ka-50.AR.dds", false},

Mat Names are case sensitive, but you do not need to add the file extension in the filename slot (i.e. you could leave it as "rus-helmet_AR" and drop the dds. This is also true if the file is a bmp.dds (double extension); you can still drop both extensions and it will work.

The trick to finding the mat name is to open the edm file in a hex editor and search for the default texture. You will see the mat name just prior to the texture name in the file.

• Like 1

Sometimes the Material Name doesn't match the default texture file. Try this for the Su-25T:

"RUS-HELMET",0,"rus-helmet_AR.dds",false},

and for the KA-50:

{"KA-50-RUS-HELMET",0,""rus-helmet_ka-50.AR.dds", false},

Mat Names are case sensitive, but you do not need to add the file extension in the filename slot (i.e. you could leave it as "rus-helmet_AR" and drop the dds. This is also true if the file is a bmp.dds (double extension); you can still drop both extensions and it will work.

The trick to finding the mat name is to open the edm file in a hex editor and search for the default texture. You will see the mat name just prior to the texture name in the file.

I just recently learned about scanning the .edm file and other techniques from the awesome thread you started over at combatace.

""Question regarding skins, liveries, and legacy slots in DCSW""

I cannot state how much I learned from the one single thread ..... :thumbup:

Thank you!!