Old Maverick Slew Bug

dok_rp

Hello guys,

I hadn't flown the A10A in FC3 for a long time and yesterday I gave it a spin.

I was surprised to see a bug that has existed since Flaming Cliffs 1.2 with the Maverick slew.

Basically, you stabilize the seeker and try to slew. When you do that, the cursor will always move in the opposite direction you're trying to move unless you hold down the slew button and let it move in the opposite direction for a little while.

Making minor slew corrections with the Maverick in the A10A is close to infuriating.

I've searched the forums for this, specifically the A10A one, and found nothing.

So, is this on my end only?

Thanks a lot!!! :)

• 3 weeks later...

I just tried it and i couldn't notice anything when slewing the target sideways, and I noticed something strange when moving it up and down, could be what you described but I'm not 100% sure. Still, you are not alone, here OneFatBird reports the exact same thing.

• 1 month later...
Hello guys,

I hadn't flown the A10A in FC3 for a long time.....

I just tried it and i couldn't notice anything when slewing ...

Maybe, just maybe...

because once Maverick's seeker lock on a area, the cursor no longer moving straight

It moves along the terrain.

I don't know, I'm just guessing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have a theory but don't have time to investigate whether it has already been discussed right now. I think that once you start slewing the seeker head it temporarily disables ground stabilization until you stop. So if you're not pointing the seeker straight ahead, the delay of the slew rate acceleration would cause the effect that you're seeing. I guess the maverick is not capable of maintaining ground stabilization while slewing the way the targeting pod can.

From the shadows of war's past a demon of the air rises from the grave.

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"

• 1 year later...

This bug still seems to exist. After I slew the maverick close to the target and ground stabilize it, when I try to finely adjust the slew onto the target, it keeps slewing in every direction except the direction I'm trying to move it. It's damn near impossible and usually takes me until I'm within AAA or SAM range before I can get a lock on the target.

• 1 month later...

Mar has it right. While slewing ground track is disabled.

If you're in stable flight (autopilot) slewing is no harder than in the 25T. If you're turning, or changing attitude in any way, it's much easier to aim using the stick and rudder.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.