Configuring keybinds - highlighted, inaccessible fields

Hi all,

I recently performed a clean installation of DCS 1.2.8 (including deleting my Saved Games "DCS" folder). One of my reasons for doing this was to start fresh and create completely new ".diff.lua" control profiles. I had hoped that this would enable me to move away from the tedium of troubleshooting my control profiles after every patch.

However, after re-installing DCS, I am still seeing symptoms of what I understand to be faulty control profiles: highlighted, inaccessible fields.

Refer to the red circle in this picture:

eS0J4m0.jpg

These circled fields cannot be assigned keybinds. In this particular instance the effect only applies to the "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog" column, but there are multiple examples of the inaccessible fields in every column at least once (including the keyboard).

Why do these inaccessible fields exist? I am under the impression that they come about when trying to use old profiles with new versions of DCS that have new keybinds. Therefore, I assumed that a fresh install would prevent this - obviously not!

Can anyone explain what is going on? Have I missed deleting a folder somewhere where the old profiles are kept, and they are now tainting the new profiles?

Thanks.

Hi Crescendo, I have noticed this myself. I also have Identical lines in pairs ,thats two comand lines for one input.

IN your example , Change the top category to THROTTLE And see if you can change it there.

I have a limmited memory of someone saying that on a new install you should manually deleat all collunms first, EXCEPT Keyboard entres.

Mark.

Home built X-58FTW,i7 950, 3 x GTX570oc,

screens; 3 x 22", 19", 17", 9" :D

My pit. http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=121598

Thanks for the reply.

I also have Identical lines in pairs ,thats two comand lines for one input.

I have this too. For example:

hlTzFWL.jpg

There must be an underlying logic as to why this is the case. I don't know anything about scripting so I won't comment. Any developers care to chime in?

IN your example , Change the top category to THROTTLE And see if you can change it there.
I'm not sure what you mean by this. As far as I can see there is no "Throttle" category. I can change the category to "Systems" and this will display the systems controls including engine start/stop, but this is just a filter to manage the large number of controls.

If you're talking about ensuring that the throttle column is selected, you can see in my screenshot that it is.

Care to elaborate?

I have a limmited memory of someone saying that on a new install you should manually deleat all collunms first, EXCEPT Keyboard entres.

Mark.

I tried clearing the throttle column. Doing this does remove all throttle binds, but the inaccessible fields remain.

1st -

The engine start stop is not that..

Look for JOY_BTN29/30

Left / Right Engine Throttle set OFF

2nd -

I too have double Pinky Aft Forward...

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

1st -

The engine start stop is not that..

Look for JOY_BTN29/30

Left / Right Engine Throttle set OFF

You're correct, thanks. Chalk that one up to a brainfart on my part. :doh:

---

Two things I would still like to know:

1. Why are some fields inaccessible?

2. Why are some controls seemingly duplicated?

I think the feilds you are seeing have been set in a differant catagory. At the top of the pic that Cresendo posted there is a black bar. In it , you can see that you have "ALL" selected. Click the drop down box and select one of the many catagorys and check if this is where the binding is.

Note, when you change the catagory, then want to change back to original "ALL"catagory, IT will be hiden at the top . You will need to scroll up to see it again.

The double lines dont seem to be a problem, so Im not to concerned with those.I just select one or the other .

Mark.

Home built X-58FTW,i7 950, 3 x GTX570oc,

screens; 3 x 22", 19", 17", 9" :D

My pit. http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=121598