Input configuration mod

I've made an update for 1.5 here, and a reminder: It's not for beta testing, remove before testing bugs in DCS World Open Beta since the mod itself isn't expected to be bug free. But if you find any issues with the mod itself, please post here and I'll have a look at it.

Thanks Karls for your effort to make this mod, it helps us a lot.

I want to add reputation score to you but forum said I have no such privilege, not sure how to get such rights.

I just have a question: compare your mod with modify \input\A10-C\joystick\default.lua manually.

Your mod analyse the joystickA.diff.lua and apply the diff to some data structure in lua. And your approach works great especially when we have more than one joysticks, for example I have 4 joystick attached, each one has 64buttons: button1~button64.

But if I edit \input\A10C\joystick\default.lua manually there is no way to differentiate the joystick controllers. IMO most people should use your approach instead of modifying default.lua unless they have only one joystick attached. But reading other threads gave me an impression that quite a lot of people still prefer to edit default.lua, I don't get it.

overpro = I'm not good at Nintendo Mario and always get "Game over" pretty fast, so over~~pro

I tried it in DCSW1.5 and I found that the single player mission is good, but in multiplayer, the 3 way toggle switch always failed to sync during the first click.

For example, in A10C, I have one of my switch configured like this:

["d3014pnilu3014cd4vd0vpnilvu0.1"] = {
           ["added"] = {
               [1] = {
                   ["key"] = "JOY_BTN12",
               },
           },
           ["name"] = "CMSP RWR ON/OFF",
       },

In single player, when I flip my toggle switch from down to middle position the switch in A10C immediately syncs.

But in MP, I have to do it twice to make the switch sync with DCSW.

That's strange. I haven't figure out the reason.

overpro = I'm not good at Nintendo Mario and always get "Game over" pretty fast, so over~~pro

• 4 weeks later...

i installed the config tool per instructions and updated the xml to use with 1.5.1 i'm getting an error when i click on patch all. do i need to put in a different data.lua file in the scripts folder.....i've been able to manually edit luas for the a10c but trying to edit for the F-15c and having issues....i found this thread and hope your mod will help me out in this particular editing nightmare i'm in.

error.thumb.PNG.63990d3c40d81d88944afddce5e59606.PNG

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

• 3 weeks later...
Tried editing a on/off switch in DCS 2 but it wouldn't work. Anyone know how to do this in the open Alpha 2?

There are different ways to do it, the way I do it is described on the first page in this thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=124480

But it requires this tool: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2185329&postcount=1

And this mod for 1.5/2.0: http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=124437&d=1444677338

i installed the config tool per instructions and updated the xml to use with 1.5.1 i'm getting an error when i click on patch all. do i need to put in a different data.lua file in the scripts folder.....i've been able to manually edit luas for the a10c but trying to edit for the F-15c and having issues....i found this thread and hope your mod will help me out in this particular editing nightmare i'm in.

The data.lua file should be the same as the one that comes with the DCS installation, so no manual modifications in the Scripts folder. That error message looks like it's trying to patch the old mod with the 1.5+ installation.

Replace the previous zip file in the DcsMods folder with this one: http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=124437&d=1444677338

I tried it in DCSW1.5 and I found that the single player mission is good, but in multiplayer, the 3 way toggle switch always failed to sync during the first click.

For example, in A10C, I have one of my switch configured like this:

["d3014pnilu3014cd4vd0vpnilvu0.1"] = {
           ["added"] = {
               [1] = {
                   ["key"] = "JOY_BTN12",
               },
           },
           ["name"] = "CMSP RWR ON/OFF",
       },

In single player, when I flip my toggle switch from down to middle position the switch in A10C immediately syncs.

But in MP, I have to do it twice to make the switch sync with DCSW.

That's strange. I haven't figure out the reason.

I didn't try with multiplayer yet, it seems a little strange that it wouldn't work the same but maybe I messed up somehow. Did you try this by editing the default.lua to see if it makes any difference? Or if the issue is still there with the latest patch?