Artillery spotter mission

This is mission 16 or 17 in the campaign. Basically, you fly an unarmed Mi8 into a combat zone to retrieve a wounded soldier from a forward outpost. You are to deliver this good man to the helipad in Tskhinvali. When you are almost at the outpost, they call on you to neutralize enemy mortar positions shelling them. Having no weapons, Kashtet eventually allows you to call in fire support from your own artillery. The outpost says the enemy mortar position is 5km west of them. But the sim gives you three sets of coordinates to choose from. I always hover near the outpost and give them the first set of coordinates. They fire and the enemy is destroyed. The outpost thanks me for getting rid of the enemy mortars and I move in to land. Just when I am descending, or about to land, there are multiple explosions around the outpost (as from an MLRS system) and they get destroyed. My theory is that the friendly artillery fires at the enemy first and at the friendly outpost second. So I have some questions. Did I do anything wrong here? What set of coordinates should I use to destroy the enemy mortars and NOT the outpost? WHen I locate the enemy mortars on the F10 map, how do I translate those coordinates to the friendly MLRS?

In the F10 map, I can sometimes see two streams of rockets. One going to the enemy mortars and one going to the outpost.

Any thoughts?

Happy Flying! :pilotfly:

I managed to find the BM21 Grad MLRS battery on the sixth or seventh try and flew over them in a most threatening way. (well, I suppose it was threatening because in the previous mission, I was to stop a rebel convoy in the same way) and they did not fire at the friendly outpost again. I also refrained from issuing any radio commands AFTER giving them the first set of coordinates.

Screen_140705_214525_zpsd9ad6461.jpg

Happy Flying! :pilotfly:

• 3 months later...

I´m having problems with that mission right now, as the arty, after acknowledging the coordinates (the first set) never begins to fire. Interesting is, that after giving the coords to granat, I still have an "F10"-menu and could give one other set of coords to the arty. Those are the coordinates of the outpost and if I give the order the idiots fire there just fine...

The last try I did I wacked the bad guys on the head with my chopper like you have to do in that other mission that doesn´t work right (airbone command or so), then the message came that the arty was right on the spot.

Unfortunately I broke my hip (haha...) in the maneuver or was too badly damaged from the AK-fire, so I couldn´t go on with the mission.

A pity, as now I´m stuck in this great campaign. Probably some update broke something in the mission ?

edit:

I just flew it again, and here´s my workaround for anybody else that might be stuck here:

I just went into mission planer before takeoff, gave myself a full load of rockets and blew the bad guys to hell myself when ""Granat" again failed to fire. The mission continued as intended afterwards, except that that F10-menu item with the coordinates to shell the friendly outpost was there until the end of the mission

Edited by WolfK33