Multiplier Noob needs help!

red_ops_DDF

I just got DCS a week ago and i just got the hang of flying the SU-27E. I want to get into flying in multiplayer and have a chance to share tactics with other players but i don't know hot to get into it. i want to know how i can see other players. For example when i spawn and look to my right i see a pilot in a plane is there a way to see what player he is and so on.

Is there a tutorial out there i can listen to that goes in depth about all the functions and ways and things to know about multiplayer? also do you guys have any tips for playing in multiplayer servers? Thanks

:helpsmilie:

Edited by red_ops_DDF

I just got DCS a week ago and i just got the hang of flying the SU-27E. I want to get into flying in multiplier and have a chance to share tactics with other players but i don't know hot to get into it.

I assume you have Flaming Cliffs 3 module. So double click on green DCS icon, login, select server on the server list, join... wait please... after a little you will in, then select coalition/plane slot from the list, click on Briefing and then Fly. Start engines, rearm...etc

... i want to know how i can see other players.

You will see it, they taxing, takeoff or you will meet them in the air ;) If you wanna see how other player play (fly) you need to have external views allowed on that server but they are not allowed mainly.

For example when i spawn and look to my right i see a pilot in a plane is there a way to see what player he is and so on.

If you wanna see their NAMES, forget. That`s called labels and not allowed on mainly servers settings. You can only see it (if the are near you spawned) and follow it if you want to fly with him. Try to see number of planes and see what player is with that number on pool list. You can fly with your friend, start server with Labels settings ON and see it in that way if you wanna that and do some trainings. Trainings, trainings and trainings... trough flight manual. Try to be with someone on the teamspeak and comunicate and you will learn faster.

Is there a tutorial out there i can listen to that goes in depth about all the functions and ways and things to know about multiplier?

You have DCS user manual in game folder DOCS.

...also do you guys have any tips for playing in multiplayer servers? Thanks

:helpsmilie:

First learn basic things from flight manual, trainings, trainings and trainings and after that ask here some help.

Welcome :)

Edited by Falcon_S

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

You can see people's names if there are external views. Just turn on the info bar (rctrl +y) and spectate someone.

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

The ~ key is default for chat. Typing "Hey are you the [plane] next to me at [airbase]?" may get you a response.

Also, you might noticed something called Teamspeak in the mission briefing (this has to be added by the mission maker so not every mission will have it). Teamspeak and other voice programs are popular for communication on some servers.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files