SU-33 error DCS World FC3 need urgent fix!

JOKERACTS

Version 1.2.10.30996

The SU-33 cockpit did not show any ECM indicator on or off state,

the Actual maximum Fuel weight for SU-33 was 8500KG,

But in the 3D cockpit fuel level indicator showed it was at maximum fuel level of 61XXKG; that should be the maximum fuel of F/A-18C!

I checked the SU-33 specification setting in the documents placed at scripts folder, the max fuel weight was set at 9400KG, if I set it to 8500KG, the 3D cockpit fuel indicator will show 5XXXKG fuel level?!!!!

that error need urgent fix!, don't swap the SU-33 into F/A-18C performance!

Hardcard said he fix it with adjust the max fuel weight to over 15XXXKG? and correct the 3D cockpit fuel level indicator to 9400KG level, the aircraft physics added extra 6000KG!?

I think that is not the way to fix the problem correctly??,

just like the Su-27 with correct 3D cockpit fuel level indicator and the Su-27 specification in the scripts folder was at 9400KG, that should be the right error free condition!

Edited by JOKERACTS

Version 1.2.10.30996

But in the 3D cockpit fuel level indicator showed it was at maximum fuel level of 61XXKG; that should be the maximum fuel of F/A-18C!

I checked the SU-33 specification setting in the documents placed at scripts folder, the max fuel weight was set at 9400KG, if I set it to 8500KG, the 3D cockpit fuel indicator will show 5XXXKG fuel level?!!!!

Hardcard said he fix it with adjust the max fuel weight to over 15XXXKG? and correct the 3D cockpit fuel level indicator to 9400KG level, the aircraft physics added extra 6000KG!?

just like the Su-27 with correct 3D cockpit fuel level indicator and the Su-27 specification in the scripts folder was at 9400KG, that should be the right error free condition!

after I checked the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonnell_Douglas_F/A-18_Hornet , the maximum internal fuel weight was 4930KG for the F/A-18C! not 6531KG in the DCS World!

the fuel level indicator in the SU-33 3D cockpit was showing fuel level in exponential ratio, when I set the fuel level at 850KG in mission editor, it will correctly indicated at 850KG in the 3D cockpit, but when I set at 8500KG, it will show 5XXXKG in the 3D cockpit?

Edited by JOKERACTS

Version 1.2.10.30996

Hi.

The ECM indicator of the new Su-33 cockpit doesn't work, the secondary fuel indicator (beside the HUD) doesn't work either. The fuel tank lights also don't work, LOL.

If you use my fix, you'll be able to load the Su-33 up to 9400kg (that's the amount that will be indicated in the fuel gauge). The real value is around 18800 or something like that.

The problem is that DCS: World doesn't estimate the total internal fuel amount of the Su-33 right.

It should indicate a full tank (9400) when 9400 kg of fuel have been loaded, but it indicates 6000 kg instead, that's the fuel bug.

In order to force the fuel gauge to indicate 9400kg, I had to increase the fuel value to 18800 or something like that.

Obviously, with that extra weight, the Su-33 couldn't fly as intended, so I decreased the empty weight of the aircraft by 6 tons (because I added 6 tons of extra fuel> +6 tons of fuel -6 tons of empty weight = 0 kg of weight difference when the aircraft is fully loaded).

When using my fix, your Su-33 will weigh exactly the same as in vanilla, but only if you fill the tank, otherwise it will be lighter.

If you find a way to fix this bug using the proper values, by all means, tell me, I'm all ears...

Edited by Hardcard

Hi.

The ECM indicator of the new Su-33 cockpit doesn't work, the secondary fuel indicator (beside the HUD) doesn't work either. The fuel tank lights also don't work, LOL.

If you use my fix, you'll be able to load the Su-33 up to 9400kg (that's the amount that will be indicated in the fuel gauge). The real value is around 18800 or something like that.

The problem is that DCS: World doesn't estimate the total internal fuel amount of the Su-33 right.

It should indicate a full tank (9400) when 9400 kg of fuel have been loaded, but it indicates 6000 kg instead, that's the fuel bug.

In order to force the fuel gauge to indicate 9400kg, I had to increase the fuel value to 18800 or something like that.

Obviously, with that extra weight, the Su-33 couldn't fly as intended, so I decreased the empty weight of the aircraft by 6 tons (because I added 6 tons of extra fuel> +6 tons of fuel -6 tons of empty weight = 0 kg of weight difference when the aircraft is fully loaded).

When using my fix, your Su-33 will weigh exactly the same as in vanilla, but only if you fill the tank, otherwise it will be lighter.

If you find a way to fix this bug using the proper values, by all means, tell me, I'm all ears...

I am not agree with your fix, when you increase the fuel value to 18800KG, it just became cheat, exact fuel value is 8500KG only for Su-33. The fuel level indicator in the 3D cockpit show exponential ratio of fuel level, after I check it several time, fuel indicator show 51XXKG but the exact fuel was 8500KG.

I did not adjust anything but only set the maximum fuel weight to 8500KG for the Su-33, I ignore the fuel level indicator in the 3D cockpit.

beside this, I also set the maximum fuel weight to 4930KG for the F/A-18C from 6531KG.

I am not agree with your fix, when you increase the fuel value to 18800KG, it just became cheat, exact fuel value is 8500KG only for Su-33. The fuel level indicator in the 3D cockpit show exponential ratio of fuel level, after I check it several time, fuel indicator show 51XXKG but the exact fuel was 8500KG.

I did not adjust anything but only set the maximum fuel weight to 8500KG for the Su-33, I ignore the fuel level indicator in the 3D cockpit.

beside this, I also set the maximum fuel weight to 4930KG for the F/A-18C from 6531KG.

How can that be cheating? I'm just restoring the internal fuel capacity to its realistic value, which is 9,500Kg to be exact.

You can check the Su-33's specs here (yes, it says Su27, but it covers the whole family, including the Su-27K, aka Su-33):

http://www.milavia.net/aircraft/su-27/su-27_specifications.htm

Don't you understand that DCS World doesn't estimate the Su-33's internal fuel amount correctly? It reduces the real amount of fuel by almost 40%, it's not just the fuel gauge, it's worse than that, the game reduces real fuel capacity by 40%. If you set it to 9400, you'll only have 6000kg of fuel to burn in reality (roughly 40% less fuel than you should have), don't you see this? That's a clamorous handicap, and my fix is a workaround that compensates for it, it's not a cheat, LOL.

If you set the maximum internal fuel to 8500, that means you'll have 5000kg of fuel in reality, that's a handicap of almost 50%, don't you see this? You are flying with half the amount of fuel and therefore half the range.

Have you measured the maximum distance you can travel with that 8500 value (5000kg of real fuel)? You can't possibly reach 1,500km with that, and you should be able to reach 2,000km at cruise speed and medium altitude (the Su-33 has a maximum range of 3,000km at high altitudes) with a full tank. My fix only allows to travel 2,000Km tops with a full tank (not 3,000km, as it should), that's because the fuel consumption of the Su-33 in the game is incorrect too.

Have you even tried to fly from Novorossiysk to Batumi with those 5000kg of fuel? You won't make it because you have a 50% fuel handicap and you don't even see it. Before the new Su-33 cockpit was introduced (and the fuel bug along with it), I could make that trip and land at Sochi after that...try to do that now and see how your Su-33 runs out of fuel before even getting to Batumi.

That's the problem you are not seeing. The Su-33 should be able to fly half the distance the F15C can fly when fully loaded (with 2 conformal and 3 external fuel tanks).

Without my fix, the Su-33 doesn't even get to a quarter of the F15's range. Take a moment and think about that before replying.

All my fix does is allow the Su-33 to reach a range of 2,000km tops (which is still less than it should be) without increasing the weight unrealistically.

If you call this a cheat, you simply don't know what you are talking about.

Cheers.

Edited by Hardcard

How can that be cheating? I'm just restoring the internal fuel capacity to its realistic value, which is 9,500Kg to be exact.

You can check the Su-33's specs here (yes, it says Su27, but it covers the whole family, including the Su-27K, aka Su-33):

http://www.milavia.net/aircraft/su-27/su-27_specifications.htm

Don't you understand that DCS World doesn't estimate the Su-33's internal fuel amount correctly? It reduces the real amount of fuel by almost 40%, it's not just the fuel gauge, it's worse than that, the game reduces real fuel capacity by 40%. If you set it to 9400, you'll only have 6000kg of fuel to burn in reality (roughly 40% less fuel than you should have), don't you see this? That's a clamorous handicap, and my fix is a workaround that compensates for it, it's not a cheat, LOL.

If you set the maximum internal fuel to 8500, that means you'll have 5000kg of fuel in reality, that's a handicap of almost 50%, don't you see this? You are flying with half the amount of fuel and therefore half the range.

Have you measured the maximum distance you can travel with that 8500 value (5000kg of real fuel)? You can't possibly reach 1,500km with that, and you should be able to reach 2,000km at cruise speed and medium altitude (the Su-33 has a maximum range of 3,000km at high altitudes) with a full tank. My fix only allows to travel 2,000Km tops with a full tank (not 3,000km, as it should), that's because the fuel consumption of the Su-33 in the game is incorrect too.

Have you even tried to fly from Novorossiysk to Batumi with those 5000kg of fuel? You won't make it because you have a 50% fuel handicap and you don't even see it. Before the new Su-33 cockpit was introduced (and the fuel bug along with it), I could make that trip and land at Sochi after that...try to do that now and see how your Su-33 runs out of fuel before even getting to Batumi.

That's the problem you are not seeing. The Su-33 should be able to fly half the distance the F15C can fly when fully loaded (with 2 conformal and 3 external fuel tanks).

Without my fix, the Su-33 doesn't even get to a quarter of the F15's range. Take a moment and think about that before replying.

All my fix does is allow the Su-33 to reach a range of 2,000km tops (which is still less than it should be) without increasing the weight unrealistically.

If you call this a cheat, you simply don't know what you are talking about.

Cheers.

the exact maximum fuel weight is 8500KG for Su-33, those problem should be the Simulator 's Su-33 wrongly tweaked/adjusted? , the 3000KM range at high altitude could be work with the pilot climb to high altitude and refuel with the Tanker to full fuel, then, fly straight for 3000KM? while the aircraft was clean load, only loaded with fuel.

i fly the Su-33 with maximum fuel set to only 8500KG, and correction of maximum service ceiling to 17000M, i edit the value on the files contain in the "Scripts\database\" folder.

fuel level show about 5000KG, but the fuel drain slowly as it was actually at 8500KG, the problem only at the Cockpit 's Fuel level indicator.

there are various factor affect the fuel consumption.

are you the person fly the real Su-33? and know all of it?

the exact maximum fuel weight is 8500KG for Su-33, those problem should be the Simulator 's Su-33 wrongly tweaked/adjusted? , the 3000KM range at high altitude could be work with the pilot climb to high altitude and refuel with the Tanker to full fuel, then, fly straight for 3000KM? while the aircraft was clean load, only loaded with fuel.

i fly the Su-33 with maximum fuel set to only 8500KG, and correction of maximum service ceiling to 17000M, i edit the value on the files contain in the "Scripts\database\" folder.

fuel level show about 5000KG, but the fuel drain slowly as it was actually at 8500KG, the problem only at the Cockpit 's Fuel level indicator.

there are various factor affect the fuel consumption.

are you the person fly the real Su-33? and know all of it?

Now I'm curious. Where did you get that maximum internal fuel capacity of 8,500kg for the Su-33? Everywhere I look it says clearly 9,500kg, did you check the link I gave you in the previous post?

Today I've been flying the Su-33 just to gather the data to make you see the problem.

With a full missile payload and while flying above 7,000m, the Su-33 consumes 2,000Kg of fuel every 600km. Now, I exaggerated in the previous post, but my test showed that with the bugged amount of 6,000kg you can travel 1,800km tops at high altitudes (that's 40% less range).

If you are flying with 5,100kg of fuel, that value will be reduced to 1,700km.

The Su-33 has a maximum range of 3,000km at high altitudes, which makes complete sense, you can check this in the link I posted in the previous post and also here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukhoi_Su-33

WW2 carrier based fighters had that kind of range, so it's not unthinkable that modern naval planes have it too. Keep in mind that the Su-27 and Su-33 are designed to fly for extended periods of time, they are long range fighters, unlike the MiG-29.

Using my fix the Su-33 gets a total range of 2,800Km at high altitudes, which is more or less what it should be.

Perhaps you like fighting enemy F15s which have thrice your range when equipped with 3 external fuel tanks (which is unrealistic), but I don't.

With my fix the Su-33 gets half the range of a fully loaded F15, which is realistic. The F15 can travel almost 6,000km with all the external fuel tanks, you can check this here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonnell_Douglas_F-15_Eagle

So please, check the data before complaining and accusing me of cheating, thanks.

PS: I repeat, it's not just a problem with the fuel gauge, the total range of the Su-33 is reduced by 40%. Just compare the range of the Su-27 with that of the Su-33 and you'll see the problem clearly.

the Su-27 can fly 40% more distance than the Su-33 even though both planes should have more or less the same range. That's the fuel bug.

EDIT: LOL, turns out you are right after all! After retesting again at 9,000m the Su-33 fuel consumption drops to 1,000kg every 500km, that means a total range of 3,000km.

Sorry about that, yep, my fix is definitely a cheat and I'll be removing it if I can. The fuel gauge is the problem, it should indicate 9,500kg instead of 6,000kg.

Sorry again.

Edited by Hardcard

I always get a chuckle when someone says a fix in URGENTLY needed, for a game. :lol:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: